Niepoort 2009 - A Special Offer for Port Enthusiasts

Anything to do with Port.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Dirk Niepoort and his UK agent Raymond Reynolds have contacted me to make a special offer to UK port enthusiasts to purchase the Niepoort 2009 Vintage Port in bottled-to-order large formats. The wine is about to be bottled so orders must be confirmed by 16th May 2011.

The formats available are:

1 x 3 litres @ £162 under bond in the UK or €175 Ex-cellars in Oporto

1 x 5 litres @ £280.60 under bond in the UK or €306 Ex-cellars in Oporto

Magnums, which will be generally available on a commercial basis, are also available at £251.80 for 3 x 150cl Under Bond in the UK.

Prices are per pack. For Ex -cellar we have quoted in Euros, should you wish to arrange your own collection.
UK Under Bond prices (sterling) are valid until 15/6/2011. Shipment will be from September onwards, and delivery will be according to your instructions.
Terms: Payment with confirmed order.

To place an order please contact:

Raymond Reynolds
RAYMOND REYNOLDS LTD
Tel: 01663 742230 Fax: 01663 742233 Email: rr@raymondreynolds.co.uk
http://www.winesfromportugal.com

Please mention that you are responding to the offer on The Port Forum to ensure you benefit from these special prices.

Disclaimer: Neither I nor The Port Forum have any commercial interest in this offer.

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Re: Niepoort 2009 - A Special Offer for Port Enthusiasts

Post by g-man »

does the offer work for us stateside?
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

g-man wrote:does the offer work for us stateside?
Raymond is the UK agent so I would guess the answer is no as Niepoort will have different agents over the pond.

Derek
Ernest H. Cockburn
mosesbotbol
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by mosesbotbol »

Figures there's nothing for the USA. I'd buy a 5 liter no problem at that price.
F1 | Welsh Corgi | Did Someone Mention Port?
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

mosesbotbol wrote:Figures there's nothing for the USA. I'd buy a 5 liter no problem at that price.
There is nothing to stop you buying for delivery to a UK Bonded Warehouse and then arranging your own shipment to the US and paying the relevant taxes?
Ernest H. Cockburn
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by g-man »

DRT wrote:
mosesbotbol wrote:Figures there's nothing for the USA. I'd buy a 5 liter no problem at that price.
There is nothing to stop you buying for delivery to a UK Bonded Warehouse and then arranging your own shipment to the US and paying the relevant taxes?
The 5 Liters bottle is considered terrorist threat to the US govt.

Being in the tea importing business I get a glimpse at what's required to bring fortified wine into this country and it ain't easy =)
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz
Christian
Cockburn’s Special Reserve

Post by Christian »

Speaking about terrorist threats: Sometimes I think one of the better jobs on this planet would be to be working as airport security in Porto... Whenever I travel there, I see a few bottles of port in the "garbage bin for liquids"... In theory I believe that all of these bottles have to be destroyed - but I somehow hope that they do have a better fate and that some lucky soul takes them home at the end of the day... That would be a good way to build up a nice collection... :) I hope that the airport scanners at some point of time will be so good that the foolishness about liquids stops... In the good old days I always brought back a few good bottles from Porto in my carry-on-luggage... Now I'm too scared to put them into my suitcase, being afraid they might break and leave me with a lot of purple cloths and books...
:) "I believe I am responsible for 4% of the port wine consumption in my country..." :)
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by uncle tom »

In theory I believe that all of these bottles have to be destroyed - but I somehow hope that they do have a better fate and that some lucky soul takes them home at the end of the day...
I happen to know that quite a lot of the stuff liberated from Stansted passengers on the grounds of 'security' finds its way to a weekly car boot sale at North Weald - about ten miles away..

- I'm very tempted to explain in detail why the security measures (and particularly the one about liquids) can be so easily side-stepped...

..but perhaps I shouldn't!

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by JacobH »

It might be worth emailing the US distributor to see what they could do, since I’m sure this is a nice easy profit for them...
mosesbotbol
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by mosesbotbol »

DRT wrote:
I'd rather have the US importer bring it and just go through the 3 tier system to my local B&M unless the distributor wants to look the other way. Who is the East Coast USA Importer? I'd rather buy a Demijohn instead. :nirvana:
F1 | Welsh Corgi | Did Someone Mention Port?
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Why not contact www.niepoort-vinhos.com/en/contacts/ and ask for their advice about how to do this.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by Axel P »

Germany should be possible :-)))

Axel
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com