Looking for Monthly Wine Delivery in U.K.

Anything but Port, this includes all wines other than fortified wines (which have their own section) even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
Forum rules
Anything but Port, this includes all non-Port fortified wines even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
Raveesh
Cruz Ruby

Looking for Monthly Wine Delivery in U.K.

Post by Raveesh »

Would anyone by chance know of any wine-of-the-month clubs, an offie, or some such monster in the UK that would deliver two bottles of white wine on a regular basis to a friend in Surrey?

I wanted to do this as a gift for a friend that lives in Surrey, the idea being the two bottles turn up on his doorstep each month. In the US, there are lots of these to choose from, but they don't appear to ship abroad. And the one or two I have found on the Web in the UK are for case orders only, as opposed to two bottles at a time.

Any suggestions welcome! Many thanks,
Rav
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

What a lovely idea. And No! Al the big Wine Companies, like Laithwaites are driven by Cases/Profit.

An idea may be setting up an account with one of the big Supermarkets. Tesco's, Asda, Sainsburys, Morrison's. They would charge you about £5 to deliver, you would have to repeat your Internet order every week, by clicking your 'favourites' and I'm unsure whether they would accept payment from abroad. It's a possibility if no one knows a Wine Company,

Alan
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

I like Conky's idea of using one of the big supermarkets, very smart suggestion. Let us know if you need help with this, but take a look at Tesco as a start.

Alternatively, give Berry Brother's a call. Although they are set up to operate on a monthly case basis rather than a couple of bottles a month, they pride themselves on offering a personal service and are pretty flexible in my experience. Their phone number is on their website.

Or most wine merchants in the UK will take an order over the internet and deliver to a UK address. You would just have to remember to place your order every month.

Alex
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
gonzo
Cockburn’s Special Reserve

Post by gonzo »

Have you tried The Wine Society?