London in May

Post your experiences of travel, especially for the Douro region. Make recommendations for places to stay and visit or ask advice from those that have already been there.
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

London in May

Post by Glenn E. »

Kari and I will be in London May 10-17, with the primary reason being the Graham's vertical on May 14 and the Taylor Single Harvest tasting on May 16. But since London is much closer to Sweden than Seattle is, she plans to use this opportunity to visit her "Swedish brother" in Sweden during the week. (He was an exchange student who lived with her parents during high school.)

She has strategically chosen Tuesday through Thursday for that visit leaving me free for dinner on Wednesday between the two tastings on Tuesday and Thursday.

My likely default will be The Port House unless advised otherwise, and I would welcome anyone else who will be in London and free for dinner that evening.
Glenn Elliott
rich_n
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Re: London in May

Post by rich_n »

Glenn E. wrote:Kari and I will be in London May 10-17, with the primary reason being the Graham's vertical on May 14 and the Taylor Single Harvest tasting on May 16. But since London is much closer to Sweden than Seattle is, she plans to use this opportunity to visit her "Swedish brother" in Sweden during the week. (He was an exchange student who lived with her parents during high school.)

She has strategically chosen Tuesday through Thursday for that visit leaving me free for dinner on Wednesday between the two tastings on Tuesday and Thursday.

My likely default will be The Port House unless advised otherwise, and I would welcome anyone else who will be in London and free for dinner that evening.
After our efforts to meet up last year were foiled by Covid I'm keen to come up to London while you are this side of the ocean - I'm on the waitlist for the Graham tasting but if I don't make that I may well try and pop up for the day on Wednesday and will let you know if so.
Last edited by rich_n on 11:57 Tue 09 Jan 2024, edited 1 time in total.
flash_uk
Graham’s 1977

Post by flash_uk »

Glenn E. wrote: 22:50 Fri 05 Jan 2024 Kari and I will be in London May 10-17, with the primary reason being the Graham's vertical on May 14 and the Taylor Single Harvest tasting on May 16. But since London is much closer to Sweden than Seattle is, she plans to use this opportunity to visit her "Swedish brother" in Sweden during the week. (He was an exchange student who lived with her parents during high school.)

Wouild be great to have dinner that night Glenn. Will I receive permission for three nights in a row? Hmmm. May need to play by ear nearer the time :D
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

Over the years, particularly while we were doing virtual tastings during COVID, I may have promised to bring various bottles to open with various members of TPF the next time I'm in London.

This trip is that next time.

Sadly, I seem to have forgotten all but one promise, and the recipient of the one that I remember has forgotten it! I do not wish to fail to deliver on a promise, so if there is a bottle that I have promised to share with you please remind me.

Sadly I checked my refrigerators and could not find any 1896 Dow or 1851 Warre. So if I promised you one of those, I must beg forgiveness.
Glenn Elliott