NV Kopke Tawny 20YO

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

NV Kopke Tawny 20YO

Post by JacobH »

Part of the DIY Kopke Tawny + White Tasting.

Notes: Transparent orange-brown fading a little. No red. Nose is subdued. A bit spirity. The taste is of a much older wine than a 20-year-old. Initially quite dry with no fresh fruit but a touch of acidity, it is followed by a very long nutty aftertaste: hazelnuts in particular. For those who like their tawnies tawny and old this is really good. Would love to compare to some others like the Churchill or Kranemann.

Tasted at: DIY Kopke Tasting, NYE 2021

Date: 31st December 2021

Rated*: C

http://jacob-head.com/port/records/tast ... -Old-Tawny

* A Note on Ratings

My rating system attempts to answer the question “is this a good Port?” one of three ways: N—No; P—Possibly; or C—Certainly. Ports generally are weighted slightly by their category. Therefore, a Ruby Port might receive a C rating for Certainly good which it might not were it to be a Vintage Port. I sometimes modify my rating with a plus or minus indicating that the Port is better or worse than might be expected for this category.