Taylors VVV.jpg (247.24 KiB) Viewed 13604 times
Have fun reading...
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Re: Taylors VVV - a complete vertical

Post by Glenn E. »

Very nice! I've been doing that with Graham's The Stone Terraces every time they release a new vintage. Next one, including 2021, will probably happen early next year once the Port has reached the US.
Glenn Elliott
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by Axel P »

Dear Glenn, in your next live you need to live in Europe. The Symingtons did this in Amsterdam this April, when they released the ST 21.

Have fun with this. Great wines and the 16 is over and the 15 underrated in my view.
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

I give them some time in bottle before doing my verticals - the one honoring GST 21 will be early next year, probably in March. I find that very recently bottled Ports change rather dramatically over their first year in bottle, and prefer to taste them after that initial change has mostly settled down.

But yes, I would love to live in Europe. :lol:

Oddly enough, I tend to buy my GST in the UK. It is less expensive to buy it in the UK, pay to hold it at a storage facility for a while, then pay to ship it by air overnight to Seattle. All of that extra handling adds about $30/bottle to the total price for me, but since the UK price is regularly about half of the US price it works out extremely favorably for me on expensive bottles. I find it very difficult to understand the economics of this, but I am quite happy to take advantage of it.
Glenn Elliott
MigSU
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by MigSU »

Glenn E. wrote: 20:10 Tue 14 Nov 2023 I find it very difficult to understand the economics
I've had to learn to live with the fact that Vintage Port is generally cheaper in the UK than in Portugal - where it's made.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Axel, thank you so much for posting your article. I loved reading it. I've tasted relatively little of the VVV, there's just too much Port and not enough time!

But I loved reading about your thoughts. Thank you (and the best of luck tomorrow with the Portweinmesse 2023).
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by Axel P »

There is an article on ST from Richard Mayson here: https://worldoffinewine.com/tasting-not ... ntage-port
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com