March is US National Peanut Butter Month

Talk about anything but keep it polite and reasonably clean.
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

March is US National Peanut Butter Month

Post by KillerB »

Discuss
Port is basically a red drink
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Sacrey Blurrrr, Monge Too, Monge Too!!!*

Where's Luc when you need him to spark off a discussion?

What precisely do you think they do with PB during the month? Do they just eat more of it or do they come up with other uses, some of which may be to rude to discuss here? :roll:

Presumably Luc spends the whole of March on holiday south of the border.

Derek

*Please note authentic Del Boy French spelling
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
SimonSaysDrink
Fonseca Bin 27

Post by SimonSaysDrink »

Take a whole-wheat hot dog bun and toast both sides (does not have to be done at the same time; this works better if toasted separately). Take some high cocoa percentage milk chocolate and melt it on one side of the toasted hot dog bun. Sprinkle chili powder on top of the melted chocolate. On the other bun, spread some delicious all-natural peanut butter. Put the two buns together and BOW! You've got a peanut butter and chocolate chili-dog!!!
'The quickest way to end world hunger is to make fast food faster.' - William & Harry's Polka-Bot Explosion, Planet Earth's First Touring XBox 360 'Rock Star' Band
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

SimonSaysDrink wrote:Take a whole-wheat hot dog bun and toast both sides (does not have to be done at the same time; this works better if toasted separately). Take some high cocoa percentage milk chocolate and melt it on one side of the toasted hot dog bun. Sprinkle chili powder on top of the melted chocolate. On the other bun, spread some delicious all-natural peanut butter. Put the two buns together and BOW! You've got a peanut butter and chocolate chili-dog!!!
Simon,

And what do you do then? Find someone you really dislike, and hand it over? :D

Alan
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

OMG!

I think we need to recall the TPF Ambassador to Kentucky as soon as we can!

He clearly has too much to be able to cope with if he is provoking us with such tidbits as this.

Or perhaps March is the month that our American cousins send all their unused winter peanut butter stocks to our even more distant cousins in Québec.

Alex
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

This piece of news just shows that we really need our own Kentucky reporter to find out that more important things are going on in the US in March than the Democratic pre-elections.

Good work KillerB!
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

What's a "Tidbit"? I know what a "Titbit" is, it's a small piece of food for a small bird like a blue tit.
Luc
Graham’s The Tawny

Post by Luc »

In honor of this event , I'm pulling out of the mothballs an avatar that is close to my heart . . .
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

KillerB wrote:What's a "Tidbit"? I know what a "Titbit" is, it's a small piece of food for a small bird like a blue tit.
"Tid" is what posh people say when they are uneasy about using the word "Tit" - a bit like Frank Spencer's dag doing a whoopsy on the carpet rather than a steaming pile of sh** :lol:

Derek

PS: Glad to see my favourite avatar back on the forum
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
Luc
Graham’s The Tawny

Post by Luc »

Somehow , a steaming pile of crap does It for me . . .
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:What's a "Tidbit"? I know what a "Titbit" is, it's a small piece of food for a small bird like a blue tit.
"Tid" is what posh people say when they are uneasy about using the word "Tit" - a bit like Frank Spencer's dag doing a whoopsy on the carpet rather than a steaming pile of sh** :lol:
Nonsense. A tidbit is a small piece of food left out in the garden for the blue tids; besd if lefd close do deir nesding box.

Hopefully that clears everything up.

Alex
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

AHB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
Nonsense. A tidbit is a small piece of food left out in the garden for the blue tids; besd if lefd close do deir nesding box.

Hopefully that clears everything up.

Alex
Alex is right, Derek is definitely wrong. Americans say "tidbit" because they are prudes, and that is not the posh ones. It is the same reason that they think that the word "Toilet" is somehow rude. Instead they go to a bathroom with no bath in it or a restroom with no beds, not even a chair nor a nice cup of tea.
Simon Lisle
Taylor’s LBV

Post by Simon Lisle »

What I want to know does anybody still have Tiffin.
Luc
Graham’s The Tawny

Post by Luc »

I have a minimum of two glasses of 20 yr old tawny or a Colheita every breakfast . . .