Mon 12th September - London Premiere of A Year in Port

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Mon 12th September - London Premiere of A Year in Port

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

This is the date planned for the London Premiere of David Kennard's film A Year in Port.

Details will appear here as they firm up, but the outline plan is that the film will be shown in a cinema in the West End with tickets costing about £25 each. The ticket price is intended to cover the hire of the cinema, some wine and port and a finger food type buffet.

A number of members of The Port Forum are helping with arrangements for the premiere and in return we have been offered first refusal on a blcok of seats. If you are free on the planned date of the premiere and would like to put your name against one of our preferred release tickets, please post a reply in this thread. Note that this offer is open to members of the Port Forum who are members now or become members before 12th September - please feel free to register if you're not a member today but would like to secure a ticket for the premiere.

Payment will be taken for the tickets in early August.
  1. AHB
  2. SCD
  3. MPM
  4. JDAW
  5. PW
  6. DRT
  7. CPR
  8. BMHR
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
flash_uk
Graham’s 1977

Re: Mon 12th September - London Premiere of A Year in Port

Post by flash_uk »

Count me in. Watched a Year in Burgundy last night and enjoyed it.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Please include me.
PhilW
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by PhilW »

Yes please.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Yes please.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
CPR 1
Graham’s Malvedos 1996

Post by CPR 1 »

Yes please
benread
Niepoort 1977

Post by benread »

Yes please.
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!
DAVID-KENNARD
Cruz Ruby

Post by DAVID-KENNARD »

I am the Director and Producer of A Year in Port, a new feature film that will have its European premiere four weeks from today (exactly) on Monday 12 September at the Portuguese Embassy in Belgrave Square, London. I have been trying without success for 3 weeks to contact your member Simon Doggett, with whom I was arranging this. I am worried that something may have happened to him or his family. Can someone help me, please? My personal email is david@incafilms.com

We have been keeping up to 10 seats (out of about 35) reserved for members of the Port Forum, and I see online that 8 people have committed to joining us, but we now need actual names. We are asking for a £25 (cheque) contribution to the costs of the evening, which will include Douro wines, ample hors d'oeuvres before the screening, and (after the screening) Taylor's Port with the Portuguese cheeses and desserts.

The film has just been reviewed very favourably by the Wine Spectator (http://www.winespectator.com/blogs/show ... vie-Review) and, at its World Premiere two days ago, won the joint First Prize for Best Feature Documentary at the Rhode Island International Film Festival (the biggest and oldest film festival in New England, USA). It features many exotic and colourful locations, including the Vintner's Hall in London, and features members of the Symington and Taylor families, Dirk Niepoort, and the Ramos Pinto house.

Please confirm who can join us! Many thanks, David Kennard
PhilW
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by PhilW »

Unfortunately, while I would very much like to join you, I will have to withdraw my name from the list for medical reasons.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

David,

I am now unable to attend as work will be taking me to somewhere other than London that day.

I am happy to make my contribution if you can let me know where to send the cheque, please?. I will attempt to entice someone else to fill my seat but in any event it will be paid for as I committed to attend.

I hope to see the film another time.

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
idj123
Morgan 1991

Post by idj123 »

Held off putting my name down for this but can my name be added please.

Thanks
DAVID-KENNARD
Cruz Ruby

Post by DAVID-KENNARD »

David Kennard replying... Could you please give me your full name and email address, if you plan to attend the Film Premiere event (A YEAR IN PORT) at the Residence of the Portuguese Ambassador on Monday 12 September at 6.30pm? It's at 12, Belgrave Square, London SW1X 8PN. But security will be tight, it being an Embassy, and your name MUST be on the list. We have waived the £25 entry fee, but there are only SEVEN places now available, and I can only hold these till the end of the week (Friday). I need to email you an invitation, and you should print this and bring it with you, please. We will be pouring Taylor's Port, and Niepoort's wine and Port. Nice Portuguese food, too!

Does anyone know where Simon Doggett is? He was my contact for arranging Port Forum participation in this event, but I can't get any reply to my messages, phone calls and emails to him, for almost a month now.

Latest news: our film won the Joint First Prize at a big American Film Festival last Sunday, and has been given a wonderful review at http://www.winespectator.com/blogs/show ... vie-Review

Please tell your fellow Port Forum members, if they'd like to claim one of the 7 seats still available. Email me directly, please, at david@incafilms.com and visit our website at ayearinport.com
flash_uk
Graham’s 1977

Post by flash_uk »

Count me in David. Will email details across.

Best
Mike
benread
Niepoort 1977

Post by benread »

David

As explained in my email to you, I am not going to be able to make the 12th September now due to a work commitment. I look forward to seeing the film at some stage.

Regards,

Ben
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

This still works for me.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

C'mon people who were there! How was it? What happened? Who was there? What's the new ambassador like? What ports, cheese and other consumables were there? How were they?

Having had to drop out at the last minute you've kept me waiting for long enough!
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.