Southern California Wildfires

Talk about anything but keep it polite and reasonably clean.
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Southern California Wildfires

Post by Andy Velebil »

WOW, has it been surreal here the past few days. It feels like all of So. Cal. is on fire, and it almost all is. Over 1/2 millon people have been evacuated the past few days, the largest evacuation in California's history :shock: The air quality is terrible, and after spending all day at work yesterday, I am staying inside today. Everthing is covered in ash and at times, it looks like its snowing, there is so much ash coming down.

I got an email from Marc J. , a poster on FTLOP and who's been to my home for several offlines. He also lives in Malibu where the first big fire hit. He made it home safetly and is doing well thank goodness, as I was a bit worried when the fires started there.

Another poster on the Parker forum I know lost his home due to the fires. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of them.
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

Andy,

All the best in having to deal with it.

Its only getting a minute of news have way through the bulletins, over here. Do you all have adequate insurance for such fires? I know you can never replace sentimental items, but sometimes Insurance Companies try to wriggle out o cover for 'natural' disasters like huge fires and earthquakes?

Alan
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

Some people do have insurance, some don't. However, The President just signed a major disaster bill. That gives people federal money to help rebuilt their homes. Good news for those that lost their homes.
Overtired and emotional
Taylor’s LBV

Post by Overtired and emotional »

It just seems awful. Good luck.
Luc
Graham’s The Tawny

Post by Luc »

In Montréal , the fires in SO. CAL are getting excellent coveridge .
Hope the winds die out and give the firefighters a break .
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Andy,

How are things looking now?

When I caught some of this on the news during the week I really did think there was some exageration going on. The worlds media love a disaster and sometimes they build these things up to be more than they actually are. I then saw a satelite picture of the eastern Pacific with huge clouds of smoke trailing across for S Cal. :shock:

I hope all you guys over there are safe and well (including your cellars :wink: )

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn