NV Graham Crusted 2000

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

NV Graham Crusted 2000

Post by DRT »

One of the bottles I picked up at Sainsbury's pre-Christmas for £7.50 ($15)

Decanted off very little sediment (sludgy for those interested). Very dark in the glass with nice thick and sticky tears. Spicy nose but quite closed (only decanted 30 mins ago). Very thick and dry in the mouth. No heat. A huge fruit-bomb of the darkest black fruits you can imagine. Finish is surprisingly short given the initial burst and fades quite quickly to a hint of mint on the end of the tongue. Very, very dry at the end. Bury some of this in the garden, Alex.

A couple of hours on from decanting and this is starting to open up nicely. Black cherry appearing on the nose and now with a sweet, mouth-watering finish. The end is still minty and then very dry but the finish is now longer and more satisfying.

For drinking now I would give this a 6. The dryness, mouthfeel and lack of sediment tell me this has legs so for potential I will give it an 7.

Score: 6-7
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

I think I've got six of these and expected to keep them for a while.