1999 Lanson Noble Cuvee vintage champagne

Anything but Port, this includes all wines other than fortified wines (which have their own section) even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
Forum rules
Anything but Port, this includes all non-Port fortified wines even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

1999 Lanson Noble Cuvee vintage champagne

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

At 10 years of age, this is just about perfect for starting to drink.

A pale yellow in colour, with a fine mousse, this reveals a lovely rich bouquet of olive oil and cardamon. The attack is quite dry and acidic, without the oiliness that the is expected, but has a smooth set of flavours. The best feature of this wine is the aftertaste and very long length.

Personally, I prefer my champagne more mature than this, with more of the yeasty flavours that additional age brings. I recommend tucking away any bottles you have for another 3-5 years before trying the next one. 90/100 with upwards potential.

And, no, I don't have a champagne and claret problem to go alongside my port problem.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
WS1
Cruz 1989

Re: 1999 Lanson Noble Cuvee vintage champagne

Post by WS1 »

Hi Alex,

interesting champagne. Have not had very many 1999 vintage champagne but they seem to have an appeal i thought when most of them were released was overstated. They are very good indeed, despite the subtleness I noticed aside with a long aftertaste which is remarkable for the year.

Lucky you that you do not have a claret and champagne problem aside your port drinking habit. :lol:

I just do not have a problem in general with very good wine or port but just without. :wink: :)

regards

WS1
"Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough"
Mark Twain