Server Permission Errors

Make suggestions and report problems.
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Server Permission Errors

Post by JacobH »

I’m not sure how significant this is but I’ve been getting a few permission errors whilst browsing :tpf:. For example:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1433&start=75 on this server.
and another one, presumably generated by phpBB, which informs me that it has been unable to clear the cache (located at ./cache, I think?). I’ve also noticed that sometimes :tpf: takes a while to process replies. I wonder if both of these might be symptoms of something going wrong but I don’t really know anything about server configuration so it could be nothing!

-Jacob
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Server Permission Errors

Post by jdaw1 »

I’ve had a few of those over the last week. Generally they go away a few minutes later.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

I've had these too. I usually click back or refresh and try again and find the problem has gone away.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

I have also had these but not for a while. I also had a problem seeing and logging into the Forum shortly after the upgrade.

There is a link called "Delete all Board Cookies" in the bottom right on the main forum index. Try delteing the cookies and see if the problem goes away. Mine did.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn