“Port rehab†!

Talk about anything but keep it polite and reasonably clean.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

“Port rehab†!

Post by jdaw1 »

[url=http://www.theportforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=17757#p17752]Here[/url] A Good Nose wrote:Separarely and far more significantly: we should all be concerned about Glenn E.'s 'judgement of Paris'... Hilton. His proposition that she could be a "good to very good model" is deeply troubling, I think a spell in Port rehab is neccessitated
In the following post Glenn E. wrote:I will happily turn myself in for said rehab under the fine supervision of the Port Doctors in residence here on this forum!
“Port rehab†! Fantastic idea from A Good Nose. What happens in Port rehab? Are VP addicts re-introduced to tawny? Are Americans gradually weened away from infant vintages to the real thing? Please, in this thread post suggestions as to the workings of Port rehab.
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Re: “Port rehab†!

Post by Glenn E. »

All of the above!

Although in my case I believe that Port Rehab is supposed to "correct" my view of Ms Hilton's potential, were she not redundantly famous.
Glenn Elliott
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

I believe that the first step in port rehab would be to remove from the patient all collapsible funnels hidden about their person.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

AHB wrote:I believe that the first step in port rehab would be to remove from the patient all collapsible funnels hidden about their person.
Corkscrews? Tongs? Coffee filters? Sabres? Wooden boxes containing a single glass of a preferred shape? Red checked shirts? Yes, those too.
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

jdaw1 wrote:
AHB wrote:I believe that the first step in port rehab would be to remove from the patient all collapsible funnels hidden about their person.
Corkscrews? Tongs? Coffee filters? Sabres? Wooden boxes containing a single glass of a preferred shape? Red checked shirts? Yes, those too.
I think you guys are getting it backwards... my reading is that "Port Rehab" means "Drink More Port!"
Glenn Elliott
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Glenn E. wrote:I think you guys are getting it backwards... my reading is that "Port Rehab" means "Drink More Port!"
Absolutely yes. But only under proper medical supervision. No more spontaneous help-yourself pop-and-pour type sloppiness.
Luc
Graham’s The Tawny

Post by Luc »

Does one of the Port rehab steps involve visiting the Porcelain god ? :oops:
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

I believe that Port Rehab is designed to help you avoid visits to the Porceline god.

Though as it turns out, my stamina is better than I thought. I have now managed to quaff roughly half a bottle twice in the same weekend. So while I am clearly not as adept as others here, I can do better than I expected. :lol:
Glenn Elliott