Carmes de Rieussec

Anything but Port, this includes all wines other than fortified wines (which have their own section) even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
Forum rules
Anything but Port, this includes all non-Port fortified wines even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Carmes de Rieussec

Post by Axel P »

Today I went to my wine cellar and very surprisingly did not come out with a bottle of PORT, but a bottle of the second wine of Rieussec, Les Carmes de Rieussec which is labeled differently in other countries, such as Switzerland, where it is labeled as Chateau du Cosse (it took me quiete a while to figure this...)

Anyways a decent bottle of Sauternes is something which I did not enjoy for quiete some time, knowing that there are better ones than this out there.

I am looking forward to this bottle in a bit and will post a TN in a while.

So, my advice for the night: let's get out the Sauternes tonight and enjoy them.

Axel
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com
Axel P

Carmes de Rieussec 2002

Post by Axel P »

A decent golden colour, very viscous liquid. The nose is buttery with lots of citrus-fruit smells. Good fat with very good intensity. Yummy!

The palate is exactly as the nose promises: concentrated, very tasty honey with a very good fruity note.

A very good value for the price and still some years to come.

Axel
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

I have small holding of Sauternes hanging about in the cellar, many of them the same sort of bargains that I pick up on Port. Also a few classy ones such as Rieussec, Guiraud and La Tour Blanche. No d'Yquem sadly but enough to have a good tasting.
Port is basically a red drink
mosesbotbol
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by mosesbotbol »

I like the Chateau d'Arche Sauternes. Great value for the money at around $20 USD per 375. Gran Cru Classe!