MfP - Music for Port-leisure

Talk about anything but keep it polite and reasonably clean.
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

MfP - Music for Port-leisure

Post by KillerB »

I am already regretting the title, a terrible pun on the Music for Pleasure label, for which I apologise. I don't apologise for MfP, the records were mostly dire, just the pun.

I prefer more mellow stuff for drinking Port, whilst more lively music goes with bombastic red wines and fresh whites. The latest Goldfrapp album, Seventh Tree, is very mellow and goes perfectly with Port.

Apart from AHB with his Baroque harpsichord concertos, does anybody else listen and sip?
Port is basically a red drink
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Re: MfP - Music for Port-leisure

Post by JacobH »

KillerB wrote:I am already regretting the title, a terrible pun on the Music for Pleasure label, for which I apologise. I don't apologise for MfP, the records were mostly dire, just the pun.

I prefer more mellow stuff for drinking Port, whilst more lively music goes with bombastic red wines and fresh whites. The latest Goldfrapp album, Seventh Tree, is very mellow and goes perfectly with Port.

Apart from AHB with his Baroque harpsichord concertos, does anybody else listen and sip?
Judging by when I normally have a glass, I think the most usual background sound is Radio 4's World Tonight!

However, I think it's hard to beat a good bleeding chunk of Wagner with the port. Preferably an orchestral bit, too. When I go to hear more modern stuff, I tend to prefer a good brandy, though I did enjoy a glass of not-too-bad LBV just before some Birtwistle at the RoH a few weeks ago.

-Jacob
Rubby
Fonseca LBV

Post by Rubby »

And here I am, thinking that everyone listens to Amália while drinking port. :lol:

No specific music for me.
Frequently Ask Questions
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

You are my sun-shine
My Purple Sun-shine
You make me happy
When I drink you

Copyright Kermit to Port Drinking Frog
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
benread
Niepoort 1977

Post by benread »

I have just seen an item on sky news about am article in uk daily telegraph today. All about music that enhances your drink. Probably available on line for our international colleagues. Just not easy for me right now on my phone!

Ben
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!