Re: Sogrape (amongst others) Fined for Price Fixing

Post by MigSU »

*pretending to be shocked*
Will W.
Taylor’s LBV

Post by Will W. »

MigSU wrote: 19:49 Mon 20 Dec 2021 *pretending to be shocked*
Likewise. As you and others know, I have been moaning for some time to anyone who will feign to listen that the retail pricing of (port) wines in Portugal is a disgrace.
MigSU
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by MigSU »

That it is. Seeing VPs be more expensive here than in the UK, where purchasing power is twice as high (and never mind that the bloody thing is produced over here), really rubs me the wrong way.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by uncle tom »

That it is. Seeing VPs be more expensive here than in the UK, where purchasing power is twice as high (and never mind that the bloody thing is produced over here), really rubs me the wrong way.
We had the same experience back in the 80's with British made cars being sold cheaply on the continent. Some people even got into the business of buying left hand drive cars in France, bringing them back to the UK and converting them to right hand drive - and still making a healthy profit..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by JacobH »

uncle tom wrote: 21:25 Tue 28 Dec 2021 We had the same experience back in the 80's with British made cars being sold cheaply on the continent. Some people even got into the business of buying left hand drive cars in France, bringing them back to the UK and converting them to right hand drive - and still making a healthy profit..
I remember this having a second wind in the late 90s or early 2000s. I think due to an exchange rate issue. People were even buying right-hand-drive models with English* manuals in France and bringing them back.

[* to the extent that any car manual is written in a recognisable language.]

PS. Does this put anyone off buying from Sogrape? It certainly does me. I had been thinking of working my way through the Casa Ferreirinha range in the new year but I don’t feel particularly keen to give them my money, now.