2006 Bertrand Capdevigne Petit Chablis (£5 at Morrison's)

Anything but Port, this includes all wines other than fortified wines (which have their own section) even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
Forum rules
Anything but Port, this includes all non-Port fortified wines even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

2006 Bertrand Capdevigne Petit Chablis (£5 at Morrison's)

Post by KillerB »

Also from the little corner of the wine section at Morrison's that had bottles at £5 that appeared to be good value:

Montagne St Emilion 2006;
2004 Villa Gemma Chianti Riserva

Petit Chablis is exactly what it says, a little Chablis. Not meant for long aging it is made with Chardonnay grapes for early drinking so 2006 is not a bad idea.

This one was light in colour and slightly grassy, medium bodied. Nose of honey and lemon which went into the mouth, nice mouthfeel. Good acidity with a touch of grapefruit at the back. This is genuinely pretty good. If I were to be offered this at a party then I may go and secrete a bottle somewhere to go back to rather than be left with overblown Aussie stragglers.

The Morrison's buyers are starting to get my attention. If they keep this standard up for this price then I will be getting a lot more from them.
Port is basically a red drink
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

Had another tonight and it is nice. Lemony and dry but drinkable on its own. However, probably best with fish or light chicken dishes.

Sadly, not seen any more such bargains recently. Shame, I was enjoying them.
Port is basically a red drink