2017 Quinta do Vallado

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: 2017 Vallado

Post by jdaw1 »

Vl17: Dry. Some white pepper, soft plums, and lovely balance. Long and complex — great depth of interest.
NickA
Fonseca Bin 27

Post by NickA »

C8: A densely concentrated fruit with notes of dust and spirit. A good balance of dense fruit with power and acidity balanced with grippy tannins just noticeable on the finish. Concentrated yet balanced for the long term. Excellent.
rich_n
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by rich_n »

Sadly my notes are very brief on this, they say "this is lovely, see if you can track it down - delicious". This this may have been one of my last tastes of the night!
Constandia
Taylor’s LBV

Post by Constandia »

So, from other threads and fellow tasters at TPF it seems this port used to be called Quinta do Vallado Adelaide, however it is recently just called Quinta do Vallado as the term Adelaide is now used for the company's dry wines to avoid confusion, so I'll add my notes here.
Beautiful deep aromatic nose, perfume, sweet cherry and plum, very distinctive- what a sweet intoxicating nose! Luscious, expressive and balanced, the 2017 Quinta Vallado finishes long with lots of lingering fruit on the mid-palate too. 17/20