Real Vinicola 1931 and Real Companhia Velha 1957

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
ncosta
Cheap Ruby

Real Vinicola 1931 and Real Companhia Velha 1957

Post by ncosta »

Hi People,

i recently found someone selling those two bottles mention in the subject for 200€ and 120€ respectively the problema is that i can't find any price for thi bottles in the web probably they are very rare but i'm interested to know the retail price and the fair price for the bottles.

The bottles are from a ex worker of Real Companhia Velha and are stored in his cellar over the last 20 years, it seems they have the correct level with no losses from the cork.

I only have this two pictures but i recently asked for more.

Br's,
Nuno.
Attachments
port_1931-.jpg
port_1931-.jpg (92.6 KiB) Viewed 7009 times
port_1951.jpg
port_1951.jpg (166.86 KiB) Viewed 7013 times
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: Real Vinicola 1931 and Real Companhia Velha 1957

Post by DRT »

Nuno,

If the bottles look genuine and are in the condition you describe those prices are very low, particularly for the 1931 which is a very sought-after year.

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

Get more pics please.

I am a bit concerned as the 1931 appears to have a very poorly spray painted job. More scrutiny is required, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ncosta
Cheap Ruby

Post by ncosta »

Thanks Andy and DRT.

@DRT I'm pretty sure the bottles are genuine as the owner worked on RCV for a lot of years.

@Andy Unfortunally i don't have more pics, but i can ask for. But you think the bottle is not genunine?

Br's,
Nuno.
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

ncosta wrote: 14:09 Mon 03 Dec 2018 Thanks Andy and DRT.

@DRT I'm pretty sure the bottles are genuine as the owner worked on RCV for a lot of years.

@Andy Unfortunally i don't have more pics, but i can ask for. But you think the bottle is not genunine?

Br's,
Nuno.
I will simply say way too many fakes of old Port have been showing up on the market over the past few years. An easy way to verify is to contact RCV and ask them. However, the poorly spray painted bottle and where the lettering goes off the bottom for a bottle only released from the winery a couple decades ago and being so old seems out of place. Could be real and someone was just super lazy when they got round to painting them, don't know. An email to RCV is free.