An afternoon of rummaging

Anything to do with Port.
LGTrotter
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

An afternoon of rummaging

Post by LGTrotter »

I spent my afternoon rearranging my port collection, moving things, tying on luggage labels, writing down where everything was. I don't like disturbing it too much but it is such a pleasant thing to do. I had been feeling a bit grumpy with a cold and I came away with a feeling of tranquility. Loathsome as I find much of the new age hokum it made me think of mindfulness. But then again mindfulness is about being in the moment and my port collection is about all those future moments, and all that pent up past, waiting to be released. Oh never mind, it was just a good thing. And I am shocked by how much the port side of my wine stash has overtaken everything else. Thank goodness I ordered some en primeur Rhone and burgundy from The Wine Society.
CranBurgundy
Cheap Ruby

Re: An afternoon of rummaging

Post by CranBurgundy »

That is kinda fun, isn't it? I liken my rearranging to defragging a computer hard drive, as I slide over and move up or down to fill random open slots to create one continuous row which I can put newer bottles on.
Purple dranking cretin
richmills
Warre’s Warrior

Post by richmills »

The best bit is when you come across that odd bottle at the bottom of a rack or in an odd case you totally forgot you had :-)
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

I liked “that pent up past”: captured the sense very well.
LGTrotter
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by LGTrotter »

jdaw1 wrote: 23:13 Mon 13 Mar 2017 I liked “that pent up past”: captured the sense very well.
Thank you, I often think that however much I like the taste of port and enjoy the unique intoxication of it I almost certainly wouldn't be obsessive about it if it wasn't for the decades it must endure before it finally reaches its consummation.
richmills wrote: 17:04 Mon 13 Mar 2017 The best bit is when you come across that odd bottle at the bottom of a rack or in an odd case you totally forgot you had :-)
All too often I find it the other way round, I find I have less than I thought. This time it balanced out, Warre 1980 seems to have all but disappeared however Graham 1980, a wine I bought two bottles of recently because I thought I had none only to find I have half a dozen. But at least I have half a dozen of the Warre 1980 with a merchant, so all is well really.