Vintage Port for sale

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
jbrightman
Cruz Ruby

Vintage Port for sale

Post by jbrightman »

Hello,

My father in law is moving to Portugal and has been keeping his collection of Port for special events along with following a tradition and is now keen to offload them on to me rather than taking them with him. I am happy to drink the bottles of little value, but a good bottle is likely to be wasted on me and so the money would be preferable.

I therefore have:

* Graham's Late Bottled Vintage , 1979, bottled in OPORTO in 1985 and imported by Matthew Clark & Sons Ltd, London, in wooden case.
* Sandeman, Vintage Port 1977, bottled in 1979 - stamped 'The Silver Jubilee Sandeman 1977 Vintage Port'
* Offley Port, Late bottled vintage 1983, bottled in 1989, shipped by Forerester & CA, LDA, Porto Portugal,
* Noval 1981 vintage, bottled in 1986, stamped 'The year to celebrate the oldest alliance - 1386 - 1986.
* Delaforce Sons & CA, Quinta Da Corte 1980 vintage port, Single Quinta, bottled in 1982, 'stamped by special warrant to His Majesty the late king of portugal' x 8 bottles
* Taylors 10 year old tawny port - bottled in 2001 - x 2 bottles

All bottles have been stored horizontally in my fathers cellar and transported very carefully, being kept at a consistent temperature.

Any thoughts, advice /help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Based in Surrey if that helps.....

Thank you

Jason :)
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Vintage Port for sale

Post by jdaw1 »

Sorry to bring you bad news, but these are not valuable.
jbrightman wrote:Graham's Late Bottled Vintage , 1979, bottled in OPORTO in 1985 and imported by Matthew Clark & Sons Ltd, London, in wooden case.
A tenner? Drink it.
jbrightman wrote:Sandeman, Vintage Port 1977, bottled in 1979 - stamped 'The Silver Jubilee Sandeman 1977 Vintage Port'
Reasonable vintage port, but not rare or valuable. For sale in the UK at £660 per dozen = £55 a bottle. Expect about half retail, ≈£25-£30.
jbrightman wrote:Offley Port, Late bottled vintage 1983, bottled in 1989, shipped by Forerester & CA, LDA, Porto Portugal,
Again, circa a tenner.
jbrightman wrote:Noval 1981 vintage, bottled in 1986, stamped 'The year to celebrate the oldest alliance - 1386 - 1986.
You say “vintage”, but do you mean “late-bottled vintage” = LBV? Assuming so, another tenner.
jbrightman wrote:Delaforce Sons & CA, Quinta Da Corte 1980 vintage port, Single Quinta, bottled in 1982, 'stamped by special warrant to His Majesty the late king of portugal' x 8 bottles
Each worth less than the Sandeman 1977, but more than the LBVs.
jbrightman wrote:Taylors 10 year old tawny port - bottled in 2001 - x 2 bottles
A tenner each? A tenner the pair?

Could you drink them? If somebody is willing to take them off your hands as a job lot, where in Surrey are you?
jbrightman
Cruz Ruby

Post by jbrightman »

Hi - thank you very much for your response.

I am in Gomshall Surrey and happy to disucss a job lot purchase if someone is interested?

Thanks

Jason
Malena
Cruz Ruby

Post by Malena »

HI Jason,
I know you were looking for a job lot but would you be interested in selling just 1? I am interested in the Noval 81.
Thanks
Malena