private message reply all

Make suggestions and report problems.
Post Reply
PhilW
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987
Posts: 2490
Joined: 14:22 Wed 15 Dec 2010
Location: Near Cambridge, UK

private message reply all

Post by PhilW » 11:37 Sat 28 Jun 2014

When replying to a private message on TPF, when using Tapatalk I have the option to use "reply" or "reply-all", but when using the web browser I only have the option for "reply" - there seems to be no "reply-all" option available to me. Am I just blind, and if not then could such an option be enabled/added please?

User avatar
DRT
Fonseca 1966
Posts: 15015
Joined: 23:51 Wed 20 Jun 2007
Location: Chesterfield, UK
Contact:

Re: private message reply all

Post by DRT » 11:50 Sat 28 Jun 2014

The option is there but it doesn't show up until you hover over it. It is beneath the Reply button.

JDAW need to fix the css.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"

Ernest H. Cockburn

PhilW
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987
Posts: 2490
Joined: 14:22 Wed 15 Dec 2010
Location: Near Cambridge, UK

Re: private message reply all

Post by PhilW » 14:28 Tue 01 Jul 2014

DRT wrote:The option is there but it doesn't show up until you hover over it. It is beneath the Reply button.
That doesn't seem to be the case here, nothing under the button even with hovering, and if I look at the page source, there is only the reply button appearing present there. In case it makes a difference for the serving, this is using Windows 7 pro, with IE11.

User avatar
flash_uk
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987
Posts: 2439
Joined: 20:02 Thu 13 Feb 2014
Location: London

Re: private message reply all

Post by flash_uk » 15:15 Tue 01 Jul 2014

PhilW wrote:
DRT wrote:The option is there but it doesn't show up until you hover over it. It is beneath the Reply button.
That doesn't seem to be the case here, nothing under the button even with hovering, and if I look at the page source, there is only the reply button appearing present there. In case it makes a difference for the serving, this is using Windows 7 pro, with IE11.
It appears for me. Using IE10. Under the Reply button is a tiny graphic in the shape of a <, which when hovered over, causes text to appear offering a link to reply all.

Glenn E.
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994
Posts: 3349
Joined: 22:27 Wed 09 Jul 2008
Location: Seattle, WA, USA

Re: private message reply all

Post by Glenn E. » 16:32 Tue 01 Jul 2014

flash_uk wrote:
PhilW wrote:
DRT wrote:The option is there but it doesn't show up until you hover over it. It is beneath the Reply button.
That doesn't seem to be the case here, nothing under the button even with hovering, and if I look at the page source, there is only the reply button appearing present there. In case it makes a difference for the serving, this is using Windows 7 pro, with IE11.
It appears for me. Using IE10. Under the Reply button is a tiny graphic in the shape of a <, which when hovered over, causes text to appear offering a link to reply all.
There is no such < for me using IE11 on Windows 8.1 here in my office or IE10 (?... possibly IE11?) using Windows 7 Home Ultimate at home.

That said, such a < does exist at FTLOP followed by "Reply to sender and all recipients." It does not require hovering to reveal.
Glenn Elliott

User avatar
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970
Posts: 8153
Joined: 20:01 Mon 31 Dec 2012
Location: Belfast
Contact:

Re: private message reply all

Post by djewesbury » 09:12 Wed 02 Jul 2014

May I suggest that you are each using different flavours of TPF? What 'theme' do you each have set up on your machines?
Daniel J.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...

User avatar
flash_uk
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987
Posts: 2439
Joined: 20:02 Thu 13 Feb 2014
Location: London

Re: private message reply all

Post by flash_uk » 12:14 Wed 02 Jul 2014

I'm using portforumred2012.

PhilW
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987
Posts: 2490
Joined: 14:22 Wed 15 Dec 2010
Location: Near Cambridge, UK

Re: private message reply all

Post by PhilW » 14:08 Wed 02 Jul 2014

djewesbury wrote:May I suggest that you are each using different flavours of TPF? What 'theme' do you each have set up on your machines?
Defaults, as far as I know. User Control panel says "ThePortForumRed" (not "ThePortForumRed2012" which is another available alternative).

Glenn E.
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994
Posts: 3349
Joined: 22:27 Wed 09 Jul 2008
Location: Seattle, WA, USA

Re: private message reply all

Post by Glenn E. » 16:49 Wed 02 Jul 2014

PhilW wrote:
djewesbury wrote:May I suggest that you are each using different flavours of TPF? What 'theme' do you each have set up on your machines?
Defaults, as far as I know. User Control panel says "ThePortForumRed" (not "ThePortForumRed2012" which is another available alternative).
+1
Glenn Elliott

User avatar
DRT
Fonseca 1966
Posts: 15015
Joined: 23:51 Wed 20 Jun 2007
Location: Chesterfield, UK
Contact:

Re: private message reply all

Post by DRT » 21:16 Wed 02 Jul 2014

flash_uk wrote:I'm using portforumred2012.
+1

The earlier version [portforumred] has bugs that affect admins so I use the 2012 version, which has the bug in the PM reply screen.

JDAW is the closest thing we have to a css specialist in the admin team so he will have to be the one to decide if the fix is easy to apply.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"

Ernest H. Cockburn

User avatar
jdaw1
Taylor 1900
Posts: 19748
Joined: 15:03 Thu 21 Jun 2007
Location: London
Contact:

Re: private message reply all

Post by jdaw1 » 21:31 Wed 02 Jul 2014

I will investigate.

Glenn E.
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994
Posts: 3349
Joined: 22:27 Wed 09 Jul 2008
Location: Seattle, WA, USA

Re: private message reply all

Post by Glenn E. » 03:22 Thu 03 Jul 2014

Ew. PortForumRed2012 implies that it is a simple update to PortForumRed. It is not, it is different and icky. I'll be switching back now.

However, PortForumRed2012 has the tiny < that produces the desired Reply All link when hovered over, so there's evidently a bug in the older PortForumRed that does not display the Reply All link at all.
Glenn Elliott

idj123
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny
Posts: 605
Joined: 20:54 Tue 13 Nov 2012

Re: private message reply all

Post by idj123 » 13:29 Thu 03 Jul 2014

Can't comment on the Tech aspect but I hovered and it worked!

PhilW
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987
Posts: 2490
Joined: 14:22 Wed 15 Dec 2010
Location: Near Cambridge, UK

Re: private message reply all

Post by PhilW » 14:08 Thu 03 Jul 2014

Glenn E. wrote:However, PortForumRed2012 has the tiny < that produces the desired Reply All link when hovered over, so there's evidently a bug in the older PortForumRed that does not display the Reply All link at all.
Confirming that I also have the < to hover over and can use it to ReplyAll if I switch to PortForumRed2012, but have no < when using PortForumRed. This means I have a workaround (use PortForumRed2012), though prefer PortForumred so a fix when possible would be good.

Post Reply