Extra BB codes

Make suggestions and report problems.
Post Reply
User avatar
jdaw1
Taylor 1900
Posts: 19690
Joined: 15:03 Thu 21 Jun 2007
Location: London
Contact:

Extra BB codes

Post by jdaw1 » 01:16 Sun 18 Nov 2012

Having just learnt how to add extra BB codes, four have been added: tt, small, sup, and sub.

Requests welcome.

User avatar
DRT
Graham’s 1948
Posts: 14996
Joined: 23:51 Wed 20 Jun 2007
Location: Chesterfield, UK
Contact:

Re: Extra BB codes

Post by DRT » 09:47 Sun 18 Nov 2012

jdaw1 wrote:Having just learnt how to add extra BB codes, four have been added: tt, small, sup, and sub.
For those who are as confused as I was when first reading this...

This is formatted as "tt", but I can't tell you what that means.

This text is formatted as "small".

The final word in this sentence is formatted as "sup"

And the final word in this sentence is formatted as "sub" sub.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"

Ernest H. Cockburn

User avatar
AHB
Quinta do Noval Nacional 1962
Posts: 11095
Joined: 13:41 Mon 25 Jun 2007
Location: Berkshire, UK

Re: Extra BB codes

Post by AHB » 10:23 Sun 18 Nov 2012

DRT wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:Having just learnt how to add extra BB codes, four have been added: tt, small, sup, and sub.
For those who are as confused as I was when first reading this...

This is formatted as "tt", but I can't tell you what that means.

This text is formatted as "small".

The final word in this sentence is formatted as "sup"

And the final word in this sentence is formatted as "sub" sub.
Thank you, that does help.
Top Port in 2017 (so far): Graham Stone Terraces 2015 and Quinta do Vesuvio 1994
2016 Port of the year: Cockburn 1908

User avatar
jdaw1
Taylor 1900
Posts: 19690
Joined: 15:03 Thu 21 Jun 2007
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Extra BB codes

Post by jdaw1 » 10:37 Sun 18 Nov 2012

There is a BBcode code, which makes a separate green box holding mono-spaced text, usually computer code. But this doesn’t work inline. Hitherto, when writing something code-like, such as
[url=http://www.theportforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=53112#p53112]Here[/url] jdaw1 wrote:/DecanterLabelsNumCopies 0 def” admits the possibility of ‟2”. It doesn’t auto-detect the word ‟Magnum”, but can be set easily enough by hand.
I have used the grey colour 66666. Now I can do it ‘properly’, as /DecanterLabelsNumCopies 0 def doesn’t that make you happy?

Oh, ‘tt’ is short for teletype, as in a monospaced typeface used by such a machine. The placemat software’s manual makes much use of the HTML equivalent, <tt>.

User avatar
DRT
Graham’s 1948
Posts: 14996
Joined: 23:51 Wed 20 Jun 2007
Location: Chesterfield, UK
Contact:

Re: Extra BB codes

Post by DRT » 10:50 Sun 18 Nov 2012

jdaw1 wrote:There is a BBcode code, which makes a separate green box holding mono-spaced text, usually computer code. But this doesn’t work inline. Hitherto, when writing something code-like, such as
[url=http://www.theportforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=53112#p53112]Here[/url] jdaw1 wrote:/DecanterLabelsNumCopies 0 def” admits the possibility of ‟2”. It doesn’t auto-detect the word ‟Magnum”, but can be set easily enough by hand.
I have used the grey colour 66666. Now I can do it ‘properly’, as /DecanterLabelsNumCopies 0 def doesn’t that make you happy?

Oh, ‘tt’ is short for teletype, as in a monospaced typeface used by such a machine. The placemat software’s manual makes much use of the HTML equivalent, <tt>.
You have made my day complete. Thank you.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"

Ernest H. Cockburn

User avatar
jdaw1
Taylor 1900
Posts: 19690
Joined: 15:03 Thu 21 Jun 2007
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Extra BB codes

Post by jdaw1 » 00:37 Mon 25 Aug 2014

Note exciting new [tel="…"]…[/tel] tag.

User avatar
AHB
Quinta do Noval Nacional 1962
Posts: 11095
Joined: 13:41 Mon 25 Jun 2007
Location: Berkshire, UK

Re: Extra BB codes

Post by AHB » 10:30 Mon 25 Aug 2014

Would you be able to create a sticky containing a list of BB codes which can be used but which are not shown on the message input screen? For example, tt and tel? There may be others.
Top Port in 2017 (so far): Graham Stone Terraces 2015 and Quinta do Vesuvio 1994
2016 Port of the year: Cockburn 1908

User avatar
DRT
Graham’s 1948
Posts: 14996
Joined: 23:51 Wed 20 Jun 2007
Location: Chesterfield, UK
Contact:

Re: Extra BB codes

Post by DRT » 10:34 Mon 25 Aug 2014

They are all shown on the message input screen {now that the "Show on message posting screen?" check box has been checked.}
"The first duty of Port is to be red"

Ernest H. Cockburn

User avatar
AHB
Quinta do Noval Nacional 1962
Posts: 11095
Joined: 13:41 Mon 25 Jun 2007
Location: Berkshire, UK

Re: Extra BB codes

Post by AHB » 11:54 Mon 25 Aug 2014

DRT wrote:They are all shown on the message input screen {now that the "Show on message posting screen?" check box has been checked.}
I see them all now. Thanks.
Top Port in 2017 (so far): Graham Stone Terraces 2015 and Quinta do Vesuvio 1994
2016 Port of the year: Cockburn 1908

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests