daylight savings time

Make suggestions and report problems.
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

daylight savings time

Post by Glenn E. »

It appears that the servers have not switched off of daylight savings time. Either that or I'm required to change some setting in my profile twice a year, which seems needlessly fiddly.

Which is it?
Glenn Elliott
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Re: daylight savings time

Post by KillerB »

Glenn E. wrote:It appears that the servers have not switched off of daylight savings time. Either that or I'm required to change some setting in my profile twice a year, which seems needlessly fiddly.

Which is it?
The latter. TPF is set to GMT which changes at a different time from USA, so you have to chage your User Profile.
Port is basically a red drink
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

KillerB wrote:
Glenn E. wrote:It appears that the servers have not switched off of daylight savings time. Either that or I'm required to change some setting in my profile twice a year, which seems needlessly fiddly.

Which is it?
The latter. TPF is set to GMT which changes at a different time from USA, so you have to chage your User Profile.
Glenn,

As I said elsewhere today, if you guys had stayed British you wouldn't have these problems. The world was a simpler place when time was measured in GMT +/-1 to 12 hours depending on which colony you lived in :lol:
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

KillerB wrote:

Which is it?
Except that this was posted after both GMT and USA had changed. I was very aware of the different implementations having had to "fall back" twice this year. Once in Paris, then again here in Seattle after flying home.

Edit: for example, this post is timestamped 1:30 pm on 5-Nov-2009. Yet it is currently 12:30 pm on same date. My profile setting says UTC -8 (Pacific Standard Time), which should be correct.

Edit 2: changing my profile settings to UTC (GMT) now tells me that it is 9:30 pm. Which it is not - it is currently 8:30 pm GMT. I think the time is off on the server.

Edit 3: oops, failed to notice the separate radio button for "Daylight Savings Time is in effect." I'm used to that being part of the time zone selection, so didn't look past that point. Problem solved.
Glenn Elliott
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Glenn E. wrote: so didn't look past that point. Problem solved.
User error. Isn't it always the way. :lol:
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn