Paris tasters

Make suggestions and report problems.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Paris tasters

Post by jdaw1 »

There is a group Paris tasters to which notifications of tastings in Paris will be sent.

Currently membership is somewhat exclusive, being only jdaw1 (because he lives there) and DRT (because he’ll attend any tasting reachable by train).

If wish to join this duo, just ask and it shall be done. (Or DIY.)

Those located in New York are reminded of the existence of the group New York tasters (thread).
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Re: Paris tasters

Post by JacobH »

Are there any good locations in Paris for an event? I’m sure some (i.e. at least me) of the Londoners on :tpf: would be willing if a tasting could be tied into a long weekend in the City. (Or alternatively, it is possible take advantage of the £50--a saving of £9--‟nightclubber” rate by taking a train after 1600 and coming back before 1030 the next day :wink:).
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Locations? Yes, looking out for them too, as well as people other than myself and temporary imports. (Why should you and three other Brits take the train to drink with me, when I could take the train to drink with you?)
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

I will be in Paris from Oct 22 through Oct 25 (departing Charles de Gaulle on the 25th for Seattle) with my family, and would love to meet up with anyone who happens to be in the area during that time.

Since I will have my wife and parents with me a full tasting is probably not in order, but dinner somewhere with a nice bottle of Port would be very pleasant. The trip is in celebration of my Mom's 70th birthday and she does like Port, though her favorite is Fonseca bin 27 and I haven't been able to cure that yet.
Glenn Elliott
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

OK. So far it’s you and me and whichever bottle you bring. I’ll try to improve on that.

But Derek’s delivery isn’t scheduled until the very end of October.
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

jdaw1 wrote:OK. So far it’s you and me and whichever bottle you bring.
I'm ordering from Goncalo at Vinologia, so our options are quite broad. If there is a particular bottle that you crave, or anticipate craving by then, let me know and I'll add it to my order.
jdaw1 wrote:But Derek’s delivery isn’t scheduled until the very end of October.
As noted in the other thread, I will be in Paris two days longer than I thought - from Oct 22 through Oct 27. Though we depart Charles de Gaulle fairly early in the morning on the 27th, so that day isn't really suitable for anything. Will any of that coincide with Derek's delivery, or is he arriving the following weekend?
Glenn Elliott
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

It’s all provisional at the moment, but those provisional plans don’t overlap yours.