10000th Topic!

Make suggestions and report problems.
Post Reply
User avatar
Doggett
Graham’s The Tawny
Posts: 422
Joined: 17:40 Sun 20 Sep 2015
Location: Croydon

10000th Topic!

Post by Doggett » 12:27 Fri 15 Jan 2016

I am looking forward to claiming my prize of a pipe of port for posting this...the 10000th Topic on :tpf:
May there be many more, tastings, tasting notes, conversations and lots of meaningless drivel!

Simon

PhilW
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987
Posts: 2457
Joined: 14:22 Wed 15 Dec 2010
Location: Near Cambridge, UK

Re: 10000th Topic!

Post by PhilW » 13:07 Fri 15 Jan 2016

My browser seems to think your thread is topic 10565? This is the thread with ID of 10000, though as noted by Julian, several threads have been deleted, so yours might (currently) be the 10000'th thread presently existing; though I would have no idea how to check.

I'm sure there will in any case be many more, tastings, tasting notes, conversations and (certainly) lots of meaningless drivel, but don't be surprised if your pipe of port fails to materialise.

User avatar
jdaw1
Taylor 1900
Posts: 19668
Joined: 15:03 Thu 21 Jun 2007
Location: London
Contact:

Re: 10000th Topic!

Post by jdaw1 » 13:13 Fri 15 Jan 2016

The front page says that it is topic 10k.
Attachments
statistics_201601151212.png
statistics_201601151212.png (8.78 KiB) Viewed 1064 times

PhilW
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987
Posts: 2457
Joined: 14:22 Wed 15 Dec 2010
Location: Near Cambridge, UK

Re: 10000th Topic!

Post by PhilW » 13:45 Fri 15 Jan 2016

Hmm. Total topics 10000, total posts <10000 ?
I can understand that deletion of older posts might account for the apparent average posts per topic to be <1, but it would have to be deletion of a LOT of posts; I would have expected our average posts per topic to be much higher?

User avatar
jdaw1
Taylor 1900
Posts: 19668
Joined: 15:03 Thu 21 Jun 2007
Location: London
Contact:

Re: 10000th Topic!

Post by jdaw1 » 15:17 Fri 15 Jan 2016

10k topics, almost 100k posts. TNs have one to three posts each; One Quiz has many more. So that is plausible.

User avatar
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970
Posts: 8153
Joined: 20:01 Mon 31 Dec 2012
Location: Belfast
Contact:

Re: 10000th Topic!

Post by djewesbury » 16:01 Fri 15 Jan 2016

jdaw1 wrote:10k topics, almost 100k posts. TNs have one to three posts each; One Quiz has many more. So that is plausible.
Yet another accounting error from the unemployed counting-man.
Daniel J.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...

User avatar
jdaw1
Taylor 1900
Posts: 19668
Joined: 15:03 Thu 21 Jun 2007
Location: London
Contact:

Re: 10000th Topic!

Post by jdaw1 » 16:02 Fri 15 Jan 2016

djewesbury wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:10k topics, almost 100k posts. TNs have one to three posts each; One Quiz has many more. So that is plausible.
Yet another accounting error from the unemployed counting-man.
Errors happen, I am not fervently denying. But, so far at least, I am not seeing it. Please explain.

User avatar
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970
Posts: 8153
Joined: 20:01 Mon 31 Dec 2012
Location: Belfast
Contact:

Re: 10000th Topic!

Post by djewesbury » 16:05 Fri 15 Jan 2016

jdaw1 wrote:
djewesbury wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:10k topics, almost 100k posts. TNs have one to three posts each; One Quiz has many more. So that is plausible.
Yet another accounting error from the unemployed counting-man.
Errors happen, I am not fervently denying. But, so far at least, I am not seeing it. Please explain.
Oops, sorry, not you, Phil. The employed counting-man; a missing zero:
PhilW wrote:Hmm. Total topics 10000, total posts <10000 ?
I can understand that deletion of older posts might account for the apparent average posts per topic to be <1, but it would have to be deletion of a LOT of posts; I would have expected our average posts per topic to be much higher?
Daniel J.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...

PhilW
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987
Posts: 2457
Joined: 14:22 Wed 15 Dec 2010
Location: Near Cambridge, UK

Re: 10000th Topic!

Post by PhilW » 17:06 Fri 15 Jan 2016

djewesbury wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:10k topics, almost 100k posts. TNs have one to three posts each; One Quiz has many more. So that is plausible.
Yet another accounting error from the unemployed counting-man.
{Sackcloth-and-ashes}

User avatar
jdaw1
Taylor 1900
Posts: 19668
Joined: 15:03 Thu 21 Jun 2007
Location: London
Contact:

Re: 10000th Topic!

Post by jdaw1 » 11:30 Sat 02 Jul 2016

And p=100000 was a tasting note of Quinta Nova de Nossa Senhora do Carmo CLA Moscatel.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests