Fat middle-aged males

Talk about anything but keep it polite and reasonably clean.
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Re: Fat middle-aged males

Post by djewesbury »

Derek's right. I give way.
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

An opinion was sought and then probed. And it is clear. The FMAM § must die.

And fret not about the aesthetics. Matters are in hand.
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Post by djewesbury »

Oh good. You've got the same team that did the Cask 33 website.
Daniel J.
SCP-DFF
Taylor’s LBV

Post by SCP-DFF »

PhilW wrote: Your first two paragraphs are great, as they actually provide informative explanation, and highlight that having such treatment may help prevent further gain or aid loss, which will be received very positively. I think however that you ruin it at the end with your last comment; almost everyone who is fat knows that it would be better for their health if they lost weight, they don't need to be told this, and may well find it patronising, which is not the way you wish them to feel on finishing reading you text. For most people who are overweight, the difficulty is one of motivation to take the steps needed to lose it; they may be motivated based on a better understanding the health benefits they may gain or the consequences of not losing and/or gaining further weight (which is why your second paragraph is probably the best sales pitch).
Thank you Phil. That's very helpful.
SCP-DFF
Taylor’s LBV

Post by SCP-DFF »

DRT wrote:
SCP-DFF wrote:Is this Julian being Julian?
Yes. And he is now being even more Julian by not giving into the fact that it was a bad idea and he should submit to your preference rather than tinkering around with the problem.

I enjoy reading Julian's direct style of writing on his website, here on :TPF:, in emails and text telling me I'm about to die, etc. I, and I suspect 99% of the population, am not attracted to websites advertising professional services that are written in that style.

I am sure Julian will be very helpful when it comes to making it all into a website, although it will probably be very minimalistic with no warm and fuzzy aesthetic appeal. However, I think you or someone who understands what is appealing or unappealing to your potential audience should write the content.
Thank you, Derek. You're right. I agree. I do enjoy my husband's wit and banter very much. However, there is a certain 'tone' that I am attempting to achieve on my website.

Thank you, everyone, for being so open and honest about this. I really appreciate it!

(My next question: what port is everyone drinking tonight on a regular Friday night?)

— MaryAnne.
LGTrotter
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by LGTrotter »

No port for me tonight (there may be thimble of Tesco 94 for later) but on Alex's advice and because they are on offer at Sainsburys a half bottle of Moët NV. And a half bottle of Bollinger to take the taste away afterwards.

Despite being a bit sniffy about the Moët in the past me and Emma have had much fun this afternoon saying; "No Moët, no Showay" and "No Chandon, no band on" to each other (quote from Spinal Tap for those of you too benighted to have come across this before).
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Post by djewesbury »

Oh you rock and roll youths. I am still recovering from my combo of chest illnesses so no port for me either. I sincerely hope to open something tomorrow though. Perhaps a Graham 85 would be in order.
Daniel J.
PopulusTremula
Warre’s Traditional LBV

Post by PopulusTremula »

No port. Armagnac for me tonight.
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

DRT wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:Glenn, DRT: would the substitution suggested by Owen (+overweight, −fat) remedy the problem?
The intent behind the message is fine, but the page needs to be written by someone who has a modicum of empathy and tact - i.e. not you.

MAW should have a go at writing something about how her treatments can help those who wish to lose or control their weight and post it in this thread for critique.
+1

I'd like to see that as well.
Glenn Elliott
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

SCP-DFF wrote:(My next question: what port is everyone drinking tonight on a regular Friday night?)
Sadly, none for me tonight. I have a mild, persistent, aggravating head cold that is just sufficient to spoil my ability to enjoy food and drink. :(
Glenn Elliott
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Post by djewesbury »

Get well soon Glenn.
Daniel J.
SCP-DFF
Taylor’s LBV

Post by SCP-DFF »

My website is now live. Thank you to you all for posting and commenting. Very helpful!

http://www.shiozawawellness.com

— SCP-DFF
flash_uk
Graham’s 1977

Post by flash_uk »

"My family, three children? Or four?"

Priceless.
SCP-DFF
Taylor’s LBV

Post by SCP-DFF »

flash_uk wrote:"My family, three children? Or four?"

Priceless.
That, my dear, was Julian's witty brilliance for that caption.
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Post by djewesbury »

Beautiful website. Lovely family.
Daniel J.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Very good, and almost free of middle aged fat blokes :wink:

One comment from me: I can understand the reason for the disclaimer but I do not think it is required on every page. That strikes me (because I know him) as JDAW paranoia, but to the casual visitor it looks somewhat apologetic and attracts too much attention to what is very much a peripheral issue for those seeking treatment. I would suggest cutting down to one instance on the contact page and leave the other pages clean. You can then place a copy of the disclaimer prominently on the form you will have new patients sign consenting to treatment, thereby giving yourself the legal protection JDAW is no doubt seeking for you.

I wish you every success.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Post by djewesbury »

Well spotted. Agree.
Daniel J.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

The GCC charge a lot of money and hassle to be registered. The money presumably because of its big debts (don’t ask how accumulated). Some legal paranoia necessary.

Earlier this year the GCC sent a letter about her Facebook page mentioning the word “chiropractor”: further correspondence is expected.