Wanted: webhosting with good webmail

Talk about anything but keep it polite and reasonably clean.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Wanted: webhosting with good webmail

Post by jdaw1 »

GoDaddy has vandalised its webmail. It was good, even excellent. That version was scrapped in about 2010. Then it became a bit worse, but tolerable, but recently has become a lot worse with many bugs. Perhaps this is deliberate, to push clients to Office365.

So I am looking for a new ISP with good webmail. Can you recommend yours? Does it take webmail seriously? Is it good software, maintained, and generally given TLC?

As a bonus, it would be UK-located. I’m UK-located, and less distance has to be faster and more robust.

Image Image :ftlop2014:
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Re: Wanted: webhosting with good webmail

Post by djewesbury »

Have you looked at the specs for one.com? I don't use the webmail a fantastic amount but it does what I want it to.
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Thank you. I will investigate.
flash_uk
Graham’s 1977

Post by flash_uk »

Does it have to have excellent webmail in particular? I find I rarely use webmail, mostly instead using the iPad/iPhone mail app or if on desktop/laptop then outlook. If you don't like/want outlook then thunderbird is v good.

If the webmail was less important then there would be more choice. Also, I'm sure you realise, but the mail provider doesn't need to be the domain host or web host also.

F
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Webmail much much preferred. If I use Thunderbird or whatnot then the computer, the phone, the iP…, has my email password. That is deeply insecure.
PopulusTremula
Warre’s Traditional LBV

Post by PopulusTremula »

Agreed that apps for mobile devices in general have a pretty poor record as far as security is concerned but good solutions exist for laptops and desktops.

I use Truecrypt for my laptop and am sofar very happy. I am not qualified to opine on the intricacies of encryption but the software was recommended to me by someone with knowledge. I have encrypted the entire drive and am passwd prompted at boot. A less drastic approach is to encrypt only certain partitions or folders etc.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

If webmail is important to you do not use my ISP. You know which one that is.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn