Port shipping boxes as cat baskets

Talk about anything but keep it polite and reasonably clean.
AW77
Morgan 1991

Port shipping boxes as cat baskets

Post by AW77 »

Dear all,

It's not only me who is delighted and happy when a shipment of port or wine arrives at our house. Our cat is happy, too.
She always uses the shipping boxes as a new cat basket for several weeks. So there is another reason to buy port frequently.

Best wishes
Andre
Attachments
Our cat in a wine delivery box 1.jpg
Our cat in a wine delivery box 1.jpg (114.61 KiB) Viewed 2860 times
The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt know thy Port
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Re: Port shipping boxes as cat baskets

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Although I don't use the carboard boxes, wooden boxes do get used in our house. Scattered around we have about 12 used as flower pots in the garden, a Fonseca 1966 (with lid) and a Vesuvio 1994 box used to store CDs, a Dow 1977 tappit hen box used to store piano music and I have just made a little document storage cabinet out of a Skeffington 2009 half bottle box with lid for my daughter. It's not difficult to turn a box into a piece of furniture and they look quite good when they're done.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
AW77
Morgan 1991

Re: Port shipping boxes as cat baskets

Post by AW77 »

Our cat is a very curious housemate. She will jump into any box, which I found out while unpacking my first box of wines that was delivered to our house a couple of years ago. Hardly was the last bottle out of the box, in she went. But she uses the box just for a couple of weeks. Then her lair is not interesting any more. At this point we just dispose of the box.
The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt know thy Port