Am I getting old?

Talk about anything but keep it polite and reasonably clean.
Post Reply
User avatar
DRT
Fonseca 1966
Posts: 15020
Joined: 23:51 Wed 20 Jun 2007
Location: Chesterfield, UK
Contact:

Am I getting old?

Post by DRT » 22:21 Mon 22 Apr 2013

I am sitting in a hotel bar in London. It is a quiet place, no more than 8-10 people in the bar for the past hour or so. A young (19-21ish) couple are sitting next to me having what is quite obviously a first-time-for-us-pre-coital chat. Mr Smooth is giving it his best to impress her with his wealth of experience in the business world and his obvious intentions of becoming the next Sir Alan Sugar. Her first real contribution to the seduction, at the top of her Chilean Cab Sav-fuelled voice, is "I've had an STD test and I'm clean. Are you?" "Cough-splutter, emm, errr, yes, I had one last month" says Mr Smooth. "Will we take this bottle up to your room then?" says Miss Demure. What followed was best described as "a rat up a drainpipe".

It wasn't like that in my day. :roll:
"The first duty of Port is to be red"

Ernest H. Cockburn

User avatar
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970
Posts: 8153
Joined: 20:01 Mon 31 Dec 2012
Location: Belfast
Contact:

Re: Am I getting old?

Post by djewesbury » 22:27 Mon 22 Apr 2013

Time to change hotel...?
Daniel J.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...

Andy Velebil
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987
Posts: 2478
Joined: 22:16 Mon 25 Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles, Ca USA
Contact:

Am I getting old?

Post by Andy Velebil » 22:30 Mon 22 Apr 2013

Derek, times have a changed. Just have a chat with your oldest son and I'm sure he'll help you get up to speed. Lol.

User avatar
DRT
Fonseca 1966
Posts: 15020
Joined: 23:51 Wed 20 Jun 2007
Location: Chesterfield, UK
Contact:

Re: Am I getting old?

Post by DRT » 22:41 Mon 22 Apr 2013

djewesbury wrote:Time to change hotel...?
Andy Velebil wrote:Derek, times have a changed. Just have a chat with your oldest son and I'm sure he'll help you get up to speed. Lol.
Both true.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"

Ernest H. Cockburn

griff
Warre’s Traditional LBV
Posts: 344
Joined: 09:43 Thu 03 Jun 2010
Location: Sydney

Re: Am I getting old?

Post by griff » 21:55 Tue 23 Apr 2013

I don't know. Sounds like an interesting hotel bar to me :)

User avatar
benread
Martinez 1985
Posts: 1399
Joined: 21:36 Thu 17 Apr 2008
Location: Reigate, Surrey

Re: Re: Am I getting old?

Post by benread » 23:11 Tue 23 Apr 2013

DRT wrote:I am sitting in a hotel bar in London. It is a quiet place, no more than 8-10 people in the bar for the past hour or so. A young (19-21ish) couple are sitting next to me having what is quite obviously a first-time-for-us-pre-coital chat. Mr Smooth is giving it his best to impress her with his wealth of experience in the business world and his obvious intentions of becoming the next Sir Alan Sugar. Her first real contribution to the seduction, at the top of her Chilean Cab Sav-fuelled voice, is "I've had an STD test and I'm clean. Are you?" "Cough-splutter, emm, errr, yes, I had one last month" says Mr Smooth. "Will we take this bottle up to your room then?" says Miss Demure. What followed was best described as "a rat up a drainpipe".

It wasn't like that in my day. :roll:
Same hotel for rest of this week? Same guests?!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970!

novillero
Cheap Ruby
Posts: 17
Joined: 15:51 Sun 27 Jan 2013
Location: Central NJ, USA

Re: Am I getting old?

Post by novillero » 15:19 Wed 24 Apr 2013

did they provide each other with references too? :lol:

Glenn E.
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994
Posts: 3349
Joined: 22:27 Wed 09 Jul 2008
Location: Seattle, WA, USA

Re: Am I getting old?

Post by Glenn E. » 17:17 Wed 24 Apr 2013

DRT wrote:It wasn't like that in my day. :roll:
Nor in mine.

But to answer the question: yes. Unequivocally. However, note that while you may only be young once, you can be immature forever. 88)
Glenn Elliott

mpij
Fonseca LBV
Posts: 148
Joined: 23:58 Mon 13 Feb 2012
Location: Dundee Scotland uk

Re: Am I getting old?

Post by mpij » 17:31 Wed 24 Apr 2013

Glenn E. wrote:
DRT wrote:It wasn't like that in my day. :roll:
Nor in mine.

But to answer the question: yes. Unequivocally. However, note that while you may only be young once, you can be immature forever. 88)
Thankfully!

User avatar
DRT
Fonseca 1966
Posts: 15020
Joined: 23:51 Wed 20 Jun 2007
Location: Chesterfield, UK
Contact:

Re: Am I getting old?

Post by DRT » 00:17 Thu 25 Apr 2013

Glenn E. wrote:
DRT wrote:It wasn't like that in my day. :roll:
Nor in mine.

But to answer the question: yes. Unequivocally. However, note that while you may only be young once, you can be immature forever. 88)
A very Wise* young, sophisticated and beautiful woman once told me that, no matter how old, men never attain a mental age above six years. She wasn't wrong.

* Capitalisation intended.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"

Ernest H. Cockburn

Post Reply