Cellardine.co.uk?

Talk about anything but keep it polite and reasonably clean.
roel
Cheap Ruby

Cellardine.co.uk?

Post by roel »

Hey folks,

Has anyone ever done business with cellardine.co.uk? I'm still waiting on an order placed one month ago, nothing so far. Two weeks ago they claimed the parcel was "held up in customs", which of course is strange, as customs has nothing to do with parcels within the EU. Is this a legit business or should I start worrying about my money?

Roel.
RAYC
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Re: Cellardine.co.uk?

Post by RAYC »

Company accounts and annual returns are up to date, has been in existence for over 10 years, and google throws up enough results to make it look legitimate

UK Customs still monitor inta-EU postage for illegal items and for compliance with regulations (eg: that packs of cigarettes bear the appropriate UK health warnings) - and, of course, in the context of getting port into the UK - excise duty!
Rob C.
roel
Cheap Ruby

Post by roel »

RAYC wrote:Company accounts and annual returns are up to date, has been in existence for over 10 years, and google throws up enough results to make it look legitimate

UK Customs still monitor inta-EU postage for illegal items and for compliance with regulations (eg: that packs of cigarettes bear the appropriate UK health warnings) - and, of course, in the context of getting port into the UK - excise duty!
Thanks for the info! Provides me with a bit of hope. About monitoring postage, UK customs might do that for stuff coming into the UK. But not going out, what would be the purpose of that? And we're talking about a parcel with a PEK Preservino wine saver kit, not cigarettes or alcohol.

I've opened a paypal dispute two weeks ago and gave them until the end of this week to respond with details about the parcel they said to have sent (a month ago!). No response so far.

Roel.
roel
Cheap Ruby

Post by roel »

FYI: no parcel as of yet and no response at all to e-mail or to the Paypal dispute I opened over three weeks ago.

I've escalated this to a claim with Paypal last week. Yesterday, the deadline for a response from the seller ended - without any response whatsoever. Now it's up to Paypal to review the case.

But anyway, I wouldn't recommend anyone doing business with them (cellardine) ;-).

Roel.
anmara
Cruz Ruby

Post by anmara »

Cellerdine are a scam..
Spent almost 160 pounds with them, and it's 3 months latter and nothing...
I did ret a reply asking for a bit more time as they were having "dificulties" I gave them that time.
Unfortunately, i forgot the 45 day timetable to initiate a dispute with paypal, and that "extra time" they asked for was enough to use that up, so i guess i' out of luck. I did report this to paypal anyway, as they now will not reply to my e-mails.
I just want to let other know of this.
Hope i help someone else

Antonio