Immaculate Coincidences

Talk about anything but keep it polite and reasonably clean.
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Immaculate Coincidences

Post by KillerB »

I love coincidences.

Yesterday I had to put some cheques into my personal account but had no paying in slips - used them all up. My local NatWest will allow me to pay into my RBS account only if I have an RBS slip, so I was about to toddle off into town. Hadn't had a new cheque book in nearly two years but there on the doormat as I was leaving, with cheques in pocket, was a brand new chequebook with six paying in slips at the back - perfect timing. Off to the local NatWest instead. Went to town afterwards anyway.

Some people are so struck by coincidences that they think that it is divine intervention, so I'm going to start the Chequebook Sect. Anybody want to join?
Port is basically a red drink
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: Immaculate Coincidences

Post by DRT »

When I came home from the Lake District today I fancied a glass of port. By strange coincidence there as a decanter in my wine fridge half filled with Fonseca Guimaraens 1988. Spooky or what? :shock:
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

DRT wrote:When I came home from the Lake District today I fancied a glass of port. By strange coincidence there as a decanter in my wine fridge half filled with Fonseca Guimaraens 1988. Spooky or what? :shock:
Wow! I fancied some port this evening, and in looking about, I chanced upon a nearly-empty decanter of 1985 Dow, and then another decanter, which I suspect contains 1985 Martinez. Spooky or what? :shock:
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

jdaw1 wrote:
DRT wrote:When I came home from the Lake District today I fancied a glass of port. By strange coincidence there was a decanter in my wine fridge half filled with Fonseca Guimaraens 1988. Spooky or what? :shock:
Wow! I fancied some port this evening, and in looking about, I chanced upon a nearly-empty decanter of 1985 Dow, and then another decanter, which I suspect contains 1985 Martinez. Spooky or what? :shock:
It is a strange coincidence that you and I seem to have had very similar coincidental experiences. Spooky or what? :shock:
Ernest H. Cockburn
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Alas, my decanters now seem to be empty. I wonder if the spooky forces have caused that to happen to anybody else?
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

jdaw1 wrote:Alas, my decanters now seem to be empty. I wonder if the spooky forces have caused that to happen to anybody else?
Seriously? I just can't believe this is happening! My decanters are sitting in an entirely empty state :shock:

I am now thinking it would be a good idea to fill a decanter with Port. Surely no-one else here would be thinking the same?
Ernest H. Cockburn
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Phew. That string of coincidences was getting too much. Alas Paris-based port supplies are critical, cap’tn, and we can’t risk using more this evening. Whisky for me.
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by g-man »

woah.. i just felt the spookiness.
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

g-man wrote:woah.. i just felt the spookiness.
Me too! I was just standing in the kitchen, wishing I had something to drink, and suddenly there was an open bottle of 1997 Quinta do Tedo in front of me.

Spooky.
Glenn Elliott
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

Bernard Matthews died on Thanksgiving
Port is basically a red drink
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

KillerB wrote:Bernard Matthews died on Thanksgiving
A "bootiful" coincidence indeed.

...and, I would suggest, worthy of inclusion here.
Ernest H. Cockburn