Help in london

Talk about anything but keep it polite and reasonably clean.
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Help in london

Post by g-man »

Friend of my is looking to move out there in and around central london and surrounding areas and was wondering what's the best location for the price.

She's asking around 300-500 pounds per month.

Is it possible? and as long as the area is safe for a single petite asian woman.
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Re: Help in london

Post by JacobH »

g-man wrote:Friend of my is looking to move out there in and around central london and surrounding areas and was wondering what's the best location for the price.

She's asking around 300-500 pounds per month.

Is it possible? and as long as the area is safe for a single petite asian woman.
That's somewhat on the low side for anywhere near central London; most studio and one bedroom flats tends to hover around £200 per week so c.£800 per month (though, no doubt, it may be possible to find something for less with enough effort). For £300-£500 she'd have a better chance by looking for a flat/house share which would probably give her a chance of being in a nicer area. As for location; London is huge with a huge amount of variation. Trying to find somewhere close to where she is going to work/study is probably a good idea as (for instance) it takes me about 50 minutes to travel into work each morning, a distance of 7 miles as the crow flies...
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

London is relatively safe if you are sensible. Parts of it I wouldn't be alone in, day or night, but we can help out with comments on what we think of any areas she is thinking of trying.

But Jacob is right - what is your friend going to do when she is over here and how long is she prepared to spend travelling each day?
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by g-man »

I directed her to prince sq right around the queensway/bayswater station as I used to live around the nottinghill area and thought it was pretty nice.
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz