Anybody watching U-20 world cup

Talk about anything but keep it polite and reasonably clean.
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

I thought the England Rugby Union team overachieved during this Tournament and should be congratulated. No complaints on the Final, South Africa were the better team, but only just, and the better teams dont always win.
On the 'Was it a try' point, It was. But you have to roll with such decisions. Yet again Rugby Union is to slow at following current sporting trends. In football, if the Offside Decision is tight, the advantage goes to the attacking team. In Rugby League, if a line call is really tight, the advantage goes to the attacking team. It is clearly the way forward and I will bet anyone that Union will get the hang of it before the end of the decade. Its just a shame it is a Sport which is dragged along afterwards, and not brave enough to try things that enhance it as a spectacle.

On the Beckham front...Hilarious! He has had 5 games this season. 2 starts and 3 Subs appearances. He came on last night, just in time for his team to fail to reach the play-offs, and was at fault for the goal in a 1-0 defeat! What a bunch of Shrewdies those LA Galaxy Bosses are!

Alan
Luc
Graham’s The Tawny

Post by Luc »

Alan ,
What the hell are Shrewdies ?
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

A group of people who are Shrewd!

shrewd /ʃrud/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[shrood] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
â€‟adjective, -er, -est. 1. astute or sharp in practical matters: a shrewd politician.
2. keen; piercing.
3. artful.
Synonyms 1. quick, discerning, perceptive, perspicacious, sagacious, keen; discriminating, intelligent. See acute.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006
Luc
Graham’s The Tawny

Post by Luc »

In Québec , the word Shrewdies is nowhere to be seen .
I thaught maybe there was some British variation .
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Luc,

I have a bottle that looks identical to your latest avatar. Why did you choose this one?

D
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
Luc
Graham’s The Tawny

Post by Luc »

Derek,
For some reason , the lettering style is appealing , I also adjusted the background colour, adds to the overall raison d'être of the Niepoort LBV :)

Also , we receive very few Niepoort LBV bottles in Québec , that style of bottle caught my eye . . .
Last edited by Luc on 14:44 Tue 23 Oct 2007, edited 1 time in total.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

I approve of this style of label. It is good.

Have you tasted the N75 lbv?

Derek

PS: sorry for asking a port question in MD :roll:
Ernest H. Cockburn
Luc
Graham’s The Tawny

Post by Luc »

Unfortunately I haven't tasted the N75 LBV :(
Oddly enough I've never tasted a LBV period . . .
Too much VP , I guess .
Or do you think I'm missing out ?
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

Whilst Beckham is confusing America, this is a passage from a recent Wayne Rooney interview. It amused me,

Interviewer: How much is a pint of milk?
Rooney: 42p.
Interviewer: How did you know?
Rooney: I bought one in the garage last night.
Interviewer: Wow! You actually went into a garage! What did the assistant say?
Rooney: 42p please....
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Luc wrote:Unfortunately I haven't tasted the N75 LBV :(
Too much VP , I guess .

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Holy Peanut Butter Batman....get that man an LBV :P

Luc,

Are you serious? Is it true that you have never had an LBV? If so then, yes, you are missing out on a lot. Some are complete rubbish but the best can put some VPs to shame for a fraction of the price.

Derek
Ernest H. Cockburn
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

Derek,

The lads back home may not have told you of the football Chant they're all practising,

THE CHANT

Deep-fry your pizzas, We’re gonna deep-fry your pizzas, Deep-fry your pizzas, We’re gonna deep-fry your pizzas†

Scotland fans get ready for next month’s Euro 2008 qualifier against Italy at Hampden Park.

Alan
Luc
Graham’s The Tawny

Post by Luc »

Derek T. wrote:
Luc wrote:Unfortunately I haven't tasted the N75 LBV :(
Too much VP , I guess .

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Holy Peanut Butter Batman....get that man an LBV :P

Luc,

Are you serious? Is it true that you have never had an LBV? If so then, yes, you are missing out on a lot. Some are complete rubbish but the best can put some VPs to shame for a fraction of the price.

Derek
D'accord , tu m'as convaincu . . .
I'll check a few out .
Luc
Graham’s The Tawny

Post by Luc »

Conky wrote:Derek,

The lads back home may not have told you of the football Chant they're all practising,

THE CHANT

Deep-fry your pizzas, We’re gonna deep-fry your pizzas, Deep-fry your pizzas, We’re gonna deep-fry your pizzas†

Scotland fans get ready for next month’s Euro 2008 qualifier against Italy at Hampden Park.

Alan
Does the Scotish side have what It takes to beat the squaddra Azzura in this "do or die" match ?
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Luc wrote: Does the Scotish side have what It takes to beat the squaddra Azzura in this "do or die" match ?
Yes, it does, but it also has what it takes to be beated 7-0 :?

My prediction is that no UK teams will be making the trip to the finals next year :roll:

Derek
Ernest H. Cockburn
Luc
Graham’s The Tawny

Post by Luc »

I assume your prediction is based on the " we are crap theory " :wink:
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

My,my. The Beckham story takes a twist. As previously Posted, in my opinion, Becks is far to much hype and he is very overrated. His financial bonanza at the LA Galaxy was always going to be fits and starts, and I suspected wouldn't result in a dramatic change of the teams progress.

Well hold the back page...

Capello has been strong enough to see through the hype and emotional claptrap. He has not included Beckham in his Squad for the forthcoming Friendly, and therefore, awarding him his 100th Cap. The good news for Galaxy, is he has said Beckham is not completely out of his future plans, but he would have to get in on merit, and would have to be playing regularly for his Club Team.

So the only way you can bring a multi-millionaire and fashion icon to heel has been done. We will now see one of two things. A messy drawn out retirement, or more likely, Beckham will now bust a gut for the Galaxy, and niggling injuries will dramatically clear up. Interesting...