Pet Airways

Talk about anything but keep it polite and reasonably clean.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Pet Airways

Post by jdaw1 »

An article in the online Economist entitled Flying cats and dogs led me to Pet Airways: ‟With Pet Airways, your pet will be safe and comfortable flying in the main cabin --- not in cargo!”.

Well, your Chihuahua is my bottle of port.
jdaw1, in an email to [url=http://www.petairways.com/]Pet Airways[/url], wrote:Greetings.

Sometimes, traveling to a tasting, I transport old bottles of wine. Sometimes the cork has been sitting in that neck for over a century. Baggage handlers, and the cold and vibration of the hold, give me the heeby jeebies: one bad shake and that cork could come loose. One frozen (or hot) moment and 100 years of anticipation are ruined. Alas, since a possible trans-Atlantic bomb plan was revealed, bottles cannot travel in the main cabin. Yikes!

Then along comes Pet Airways. Please, is there any chance of Pet Airways expanding its market to those wanting to carry FAA-prohibited cold-sensitive items such as bottles of old wine and large musical instruments?

Consider it a free suggestion.

Faithfully,

Julian Wiseman.
[url=http://www.petairways.com/]Pet Airways[/url], in an email to jdaw1, wrote:Hello Julian,

Thanks for the great suggestion and email. We will think about it!

Kate
The Pet Airways Team
But would you be willing to entrust your case of Taylor 1900 to an airline that can’t master an m-dash?

Nonetheless, watch this space.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: Pet Airways

Post by DRT »

I suspect you are looking for a way to bring the canine member of the Wiseman family to the old world this summer. You may already know this but Air France allow dogs in the main cabin. I flew with them from Paris to St Maarten around 4 years ago and was surprised to be accompanied by around 12 dogs.

Things may have changed in recent years with more restrictions on what you can take on board.

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
mosesbotbol
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by mosesbotbol »

Always wanted to bring Camber to visit her Welsh ancestors.
F1 | Welsh Corgi | Did Someone Mention Port?
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

DRT wrote:I suspect you are looking for a way to bring the canine member of the Wiseman family to the old world this summer. You may already know this but Air France allow dogs in the main cabin. I flew with them from Paris to St Maarten around 4 years ago and was surprised to be accompanied by around 12 dogs.

Things may have changed in recent years with more restrictions on what you can take on board.

Derek
We flew KLM (= Air France) to Oman from Amsterdam when we moved. Although we knew they should allow pets in the cabin there was no way we could convince them to do so. So we had to opt for the cargo option, which was not only a whole lot less pleasant for our cat, but also much more expensive.