Time Tunnels

Talk about anything but keep it polite and reasonably clean.
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Time Tunnels

Post by KillerB »

Admin2 Note: Split from herefor going off-topic after that thread was split from herefor going off-topic.
Derek T. wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
Derek T. wrote:They are my donation to future :TPF: New York-based Blind Tastings. We now have a set on each side of the pond.
Very kind. I shall hold them in trust for the port drinkers of New York.
Excellent. Note space-saving measures taken here to display my pleasure with this arrangement.
Have we explained the Time-Tunnel effect to jdaw1 yet?
Port is basically a red drink
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: An extra £3 on each of two sets; or an extra £5.10 deliv

Post by DRT »

KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
Derek T. wrote:They are my donation to future :TPF: New York-based Blind Tastings. We now have a set on each side of the pond.
Excellent. Note space-saving measures taken here to display my pleasure with this arrangement.
I don't think you've even explained it to me.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
KillerB

Psychedelia incorporated

Post by KillerB »

Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
We went through this one evening, it got sort of psychedelic after about ten posts.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: Psychedelia incorporated

Post by DRT »

KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
We went through this one evening, it got sort of psychedelic after about ten posts.
Ah, yes, I remember it well. I can confirm that Jdaw is aware of the phenomenon in PMs but I'm not sure it has been acheived in a thread. Has it?
Ernest H. Cockburn
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
Ah, yes, I remember it well. I can confirm that Jdaw is aware of the phenomenon in PMs but I'm not sure it has been acheived in a thread. Has it?
Well, he just needs to see it properly then, doesn't he?
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
You're right. It is only fair, isn't it?
Ernest H. Cockburn
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
Fairness and equality is what this site is about.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
Have we ever had a thread that has had to be split for going off-topic only to find that the offspring thread subsequently drifts off of the off-topic topic and itself needs to be split from the topic that wasn't the original topic?
Ernest H. Cockburn
KillerB

Psychedelia achieved

Post by KillerB »

Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:[quote="Derek T."]They are my donation to future :TPF: New York-based Blind Tastings. We now have a set on each side of the pond.
Have we ever had a thread that has had to be split for going off-topic only to find that the offspring thread subsequently drifts off of the off-topic topic and itself needs to be split from the topic that wasn't the original topic?[/quote]Not that I remember but this has now reached the desired Time-tunnel level and need go no further. I say "need go no further", not "should not go any further". A few more will do no harm (as the Medics say).
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: Psychedelia achieved

Post by DRT »

KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:[quote="jdaw1"][quote="Derek T."]They are my donation to future :TPF: New York-based Blind Tastings. We now have a set on each side of the pond.
Have we ever had a thread that has had to be split for going off-topic only to find that the offspring thread subsequently drifts off of the off-topic topic and itself needs to be split from the topic that wasn't the original topic?[/quote]Not that I remember but this has now reached the desired Time-tunnel level and need go no further. I say "need go no further", not "should not go any further". A few more will do no harm (as the Medics say).[/quote]I think the optimum Time Tunnel happens later when the original quote becomes an empty box. That is the state of drunkenness we reached the last time we did this. I think where we are now is almost enough for novice Time Tunnelers to witness.
Ernest H. Cockburn
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:[quote="Derek T."][quote="jdaw1"][quote="Derek T."]They are my donation to future :TPF: New York-based Blind Tastings. We now have a set on each side of the pond.
Have we ever had a thread that has had to be split for going off-topic only to find that the offspring thread subsequently drifts off of the off-topic topic and itself needs to be split from the topic that wasn't the original topic?[/quote]Not that I remember but this has now reached the desired Time-tunnel level and need go no further. I say "need go no further", not "should not go any further". A few more will do no harm (as the Medics say).[/quote]I think the optimum Time Tunnel happens later when the original quote becomes an empty box. That is the state of drunkenness we reached the last time we did this. I think where we are now is almost enough for novice Time Tunnelers to witness.[/quote]You may be right. I think it will be when "Tastings" can no longer fit. This Terra Feita is nice.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:[quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="jdaw1"][quote="Derek T."]They are my donation to future :TPF: New York-based Blind Tastings. We now have a set on each side of the pond.
Have we ever had a thread that has had to be split for going off-topic only to find that the offspring thread subsequently drifts off of the off-topic topic and itself needs to be split from the topic that wasn't the original topic?[/quote]Not that I remember but this has now reached the desired Time-tunnel level and need go no further. I say "need go no further", not "should not go any further". A few more will do no harm (as the Medics say).[/quote]I think the optimum Time Tunnel happens later when the original quote becomes an empty box. That is the state of drunkenness we reached the last time we did this. I think where we are now is almost enough for novice Time Tunnelers to witness.[/quote]You may be right. I think it will be when "Tastings" can no longer fit. This Terra Feita is nice.[/quote]Or perhaps donation? Shall we split?
Ernest H. Cockburn
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:[quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="jdaw1"][quote="Derek T."]They are my donation to future :TPF: New York-based Blind Tastings. We now have a set on each side of the pond.
Have we ever had a thread that has had to be split for going off-topic only to find that the offspring thread subsequently drifts off of the off-topic topic and itself needs to be split from the topic that wasn't the original topic?[/quote]Not that I remember but this has now reached the desired Time-tunnel level and need go no further. I say "need go no further", not "should not go any further". A few more will do no harm (as the Medics say).[/quote]I think the optimum Time Tunnel happens later when the original quote becomes an empty box. That is the state of drunkenness we reached the last time we did this. I think where we are now is almost enough for novice Time Tunnelers to witness.[/quote]You may be right. I think it will be when "Tastings" can no longer fit. This Terra Feita is nice.[/quote]Or perhaps donation? Shall we split?[/quote]No, I've still got a glass of Terra Feita to get through. Oh, hang on. You mean the thread. Probably best to stop Julian moaning about thread-wrecking.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:[quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="jdaw1"][quote="Derek T."]They are my donation to future :TPF: New York-based Blind Tastings. We now have a set on each side of the pond.
Have we ever had a thread that has had to be split for going off-topic only to find that the offspring thread subsequently drifts off of the off-topic topic and itself needs to be split from the topic that wasn't the original topic?[/quote]Not that I remember but this has now reached the desired Time-tunnel level and need go no further. I say "need go no further", not "should not go any further". A few more will do no harm (as the Medics say).[/quote]I think the optimum Time Tunnel happens later when the original quote becomes an empty box. That is the state of drunkenness we reached the last time we did this. I think where we are now is almost enough for novice Time Tunnelers to witness.[/quote]You may be right. I think it will be when "Tastings" can no longer fit. This Terra Feita is nice.[/quote]Or perhaps donation? Shall we split?[/quote]No, I've still got a glass of Terra Feita to get through. Oh, hang on. You mean the thread. Probably best to stop Julian moaning about thread-wrecking.[/quote]Now split and all appropriate linkage created. Now, where were we? Oh yes, have we got enough quotes yet?
Ernest H. Cockburn
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:[quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="jdaw1"][quote="Derek T."]They are my donation to future :TPF: New York-based Blind Tastings. We now have a set on each side of the pond.
Have we ever had a thread that has had to be split for going off-topic only to find that the offspring thread subsequently drifts off of the off-topic topic and itself needs to be split from the topic that wasn't the original topic?[/quote]Not that I remember but this has now reached the desired Time-tunnel level and need go no further. I say "need go no further", not "should not go any further". A few more will do no harm (as the Medics say).[/quote]I think the optimum Time Tunnel happens later when the original quote becomes an empty box. That is the state of drunkenness we reached the last time we did this. I think where we are now is almost enough for novice Time Tunnelers to witness.[/quote]You may be right. I think it will be when "Tastings" can no longer fit. This Terra Feita is nice.[/quote]Or perhaps donation? Shall we split?[/quote]No, I've still got a glass of Terra Feita to get through. Oh, hang on. You mean the thread. Probably best to stop Julian moaning about thread-wrecking.[/quote]Now split and all appropriate linkage created. Now, where were we? Oh yes, have we got enough quotes yet?[/quote]Maybe on this one, maybe one more.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:[quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="jdaw1"][quote="Derek T."]They are my donation to future :TPF: New York-based Blind Tastings. We now have a set on each side of the pond.
Have we ever had a thread that has had to be split for going off-topic only to find that the offspring thread subsequently drifts off of the off-topic topic and itself needs to be split from the topic that wasn't the original topic?[/quote]Not that I remember but this has now reached the desired Time-tunnel level and need go no further. I say "need go no further", not "should not go any further". A few more will do no harm (as the Medics say).[/quote]I think the optimum Time Tunnel happens later when the original quote becomes an empty box. That is the state of drunkenness we reached the last time we did this. I think where we are now is almost enough for novice Time Tunnelers to witness.[/quote]You may be right. I think it will be when "Tastings" can no longer fit. This Terra Feita is nice.[/quote]Or perhaps donation? Shall we split?[/quote]No, I've still got a glass of Terra Feita to get through. Oh, hang on. You mean the thread. Probably best to stop Julian moaning about thread-wrecking.[/quote]Now split and all appropriate linkage created. Now, where were we? Oh yes, have we got enough quotes yet?[/quote]Maybe on this one, maybe one more.[/quote]Ah, the buggers are reducing the font size in the central quote. We must have a few more to go before their cleverness runs out. Do you have enough Port to see this through?
Ernest H. Cockburn
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:[quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="jdaw1"][quote="Derek T."]They are my donation to future :TPF: New York-based Blind Tastings. We now have a set on each side of the pond.
Have we ever had a thread that has had to be split for going off-topic only to find that the offspring thread subsequently drifts off of the off-topic topic and itself needs to be split from the topic that wasn't the original topic?[/quote]Not that I remember but this has now reached the desired Time-tunnel level and need go no further. I say "need go no further", not "should not go any further". A few more will do no harm (as the Medics say).[/quote]I think the optimum Time Tunnel happens later when the original quote becomes an empty box. That is the state of drunkenness we reached the last time we did this. I think where we are now is almost enough for novice Time Tunnelers to witness.[/quote]You may be right. I think it will be when "Tastings" can no longer fit. This Terra Feita is nice.[/quote]Or perhaps donation? Shall we split?[/quote]No, I've still got a glass of Terra Feita to get through. Oh, hang on. You mean the thread. Probably best to stop Julian moaning about thread-wrecking.[/quote]Now split and all appropriate linkage created. Now, where were we? Oh yes, have we got enough quotes yet?[/quote]Maybe on this one, maybe one more.[/quote]Ah, the buggers are reducing the font size in the central quote. We must have a few more to go before their cleverness runs out. Do you have enough Port to see this through?[/quote]Running out and the Ipcress File is over, losing relevant sound effects. Do we have to get down to Font size 6?
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:[quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="jdaw1"][quote="Derek T."]They are my donation to future :TPF: New York-based Blind Tastings. We now have a set on each side of the pond.
Have we ever had a thread that has had to be split for going off-topic only to find that the offspring thread subsequently drifts off of the off-topic topic and itself needs to be split from the topic that wasn't the original topic?[/quote]Not that I remember but this has now reached the desired Time-tunnel level and need go no further. I say "need go no further", not "should not go any further". A few more will do no harm (as the Medics say).[/quote]I think the optimum Time Tunnel happens later when the original quote becomes an empty box. That is the state of drunkenness we reached the last time we did this. I think where we are now is almost enough for novice Time Tunnelers to witness.[/quote]You may be right. I think it will be when "Tastings" can no longer fit. This Terra Feita is nice.[/quote]Or perhaps donation? Shall we split?[/quote]No, I've still got a glass of Terra Feita to get through. Oh, hang on. You mean the thread. Probably best to stop Julian moaning about thread-wrecking.[/quote]Now split and all appropriate linkage created. Now, where were we? Oh yes, have we got enough quotes yet?[/quote]Maybe on this one, maybe one more.[/quote]Ah, the buggers are reducing the font size in the central quote. We must have a few more to go before their cleverness runs out. Do you have enough Port to see this through?[/quote]Running out and the Ipcress File is over, losing relevant sound effects. Do we have to get down to Font size 6? [/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]I cheated a bit.
Ernest H. Cockburn
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:[quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="jdaw1"][quote="Derek T."]They are my donation to future :TPF: New York-based Blind Tastings. We now have a set on each side of the pond.
Have we ever had a thread that has had to be split for going off-topic only to find that the offspring thread subsequently drifts off of the off-topic topic and itself needs to be split from the topic that wasn't the original topic?[/quote]Not that I remember but this has now reached the desired Time-tunnel level and need go no further. I say "need go no further", not "should not go any further". A few more will do no harm (as the Medics say).[/quote]I think the optimum Time Tunnel happens later when the original quote becomes an empty box. That is the state of drunkenness we reached the last time we did this. I think where we are now is almost enough for novice Time Tunnelers to witness.[/quote]You may be right. I think it will be when "Tastings" can no longer fit. This Terra Feita is nice.[/quote]Or perhaps donation? Shall we split?[/quote]No, I've still got a glass of Terra Feita to get through. Oh, hang on. You mean the thread. Probably best to stop Julian moaning about thread-wrecking.[/quote]Now split and all appropriate linkage created. Now, where were we? Oh yes, have we got enough quotes yet?[/quote]Maybe on this one, maybe one more.[/quote]Ah, the buggers are reducing the font size in the central quote. We must have a few more to go before their cleverness runs out. Do you have enough Port to see this through?[/quote]Running out and the Ipcress File is over, losing relevant sound effects. Do we have to get down to Font size 6? [/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]I cheated a bit.[/quote]Then I cheated a bit less.
Ernest H. Cockburn
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:[quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="jdaw1"][quote="Derek T."]They are my donation to future :TPF: New York-based Blind Tastings. We now have a set on each side of the pond.
Have we ever had a thread that has had to be split for going off-topic only to find that the offspring thread subsequently drifts off of the off-topic topic and itself needs to be split from the topic that wasn't the original topic?[/quote]Not that I remember but this has now reached the desired Time-tunnel level and need go no further. I say "need go no further", not "should not go any further". A few more will do no harm (as the Medics say).[/quote]I think the optimum Time Tunnel happens later when the original quote becomes an empty box. That is the state of drunkenness we reached the last time we did this. I think where we are now is almost enough for novice Time Tunnelers to witness.[/quote]You may be right. I think it will be when "Tastings" can no longer fit. This Terra Feita is nice.[/quote]Or perhaps donation? Shall we split?[/quote]No, I've still got a glass of Terra Feita to get through. Oh, hang on. You mean the thread. Probably best to stop Julian moaning about thread-wrecking.[/quote]Now split and all appropriate linkage created. Now, where were we? Oh yes, have we got enough quotes yet?[/quote]Maybe on this one, maybe one more.[/quote]Ah, the buggers are reducing the font size in the central quote. We must have a few more to go before their cleverness runs out. Do you have enough Port to see this through?[/quote]Running out and the Ipcress File is over, losing relevant sound effects. Do we have to get down to Font size 6? [/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]I cheated a bit.[/quote]No, that's going backwards!
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:[quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="jdaw1"][quote="Derek T."]They are my donation to future :TPF: New York-based Blind Tastings. We now have a set on each side of the pond.
Have we ever had a thread that has had to be split for going off-topic only to find that the offspring thread subsequently drifts off of the off-topic topic and itself needs to be split from the topic that wasn't the original topic?[/quote]Not that I remember but this has now reached the desired Time-tunnel level and need go no further. I say "need go no further", not "should not go any further". A few more will do no harm (as the Medics say).[/quote]I think the optimum Time Tunnel happens later when the original quote becomes an empty box. That is the state of drunkenness we reached the last time we did this. I think where we are now is almost enough for novice Time Tunnelers to witness.[/quote]You may be right. I think it will be when "Tastings" can no longer fit. This Terra Feita is nice.[/quote]Or perhaps donation? Shall we split?[/quote]No, I've still got a glass of Terra Feita to get through. Oh, hang on. You mean the thread. Probably best to stop Julian moaning about thread-wrecking.[/quote]Now split and all appropriate linkage created. Now, where were we? Oh yes, have we got enough quotes yet?[/quote]Maybe on this one, maybe one more.[/quote]Ah, the buggers are reducing the font size in the central quote. We must have a few more to go before their cleverness runs out. Do you have enough Port to see this through?[/quote]Running out and the Ipcress File is over, losing relevant sound effects. Do we have to get down to Font size 6? [/quote][/quote][/quote]I cheated a bit.[/quote]Then I cheated a bit less.[/quote]...and a bit less again.
Ernest H. Cockburn
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:[quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="jdaw1"][quote="Derek T."]They are my donation to future :TPF: New York-based Blind Tastings. We now have a set on each side of the pond.
Have we ever had a thread that has had to be split for going off-topic only to find that the offspring thread subsequently drifts off of the off-topic topic and itself needs to be split from the topic that wasn't the original topic?[/quote]Not that I remember but this has now reached the desired Time-tunnel level and need go no further. I say "need go no further", not "should not go any further". A few more will do no harm (as the Medics say).[/quote]I think the optimum Time Tunnel happens later when the original quote becomes an empty box. That is the state of drunkenness we reached the last time we did this. I think where we are now is almost enough for novice Time Tunnelers to witness.[/quote]You may be right. I think it will be when "Tastings" can no longer fit. This Terra Feita is nice.[/quote]Or perhaps donation? Shall we split?[/quote]No, I've still got a glass of Terra Feita to get through. Oh, hang on. You mean the thread. Probably best to stop Julian moaning about thread-wrecking.[/quote]Now split and all appropriate linkage created. Now, where were we? Oh yes, have we got enough quotes yet?[/quote]Maybe on this one, maybe one more.[/quote]Ah, the buggers are reducing the font size in the central quote. We must have a few more to go before their cleverness runs out. Do you have enough Port to see this through?[/quote]Running out and the Ipcress File is over, losing relevant sound effects. Do we have to get down to Font size 6?[/quote]I'm going back a bit
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:[quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="jdaw1"][quote="Derek T."]They are my donation to future :TPF: New York-based Blind Tastings. We now have a set on each side of the pond.
Have we ever had a thread that has had to be split for going off-topic only to find that the offspring thread subsequently drifts off of the off-topic topic and itself needs to be split from the topic that wasn't the original topic?[/quote]Not that I remember but this has now reached the desired Time-tunnel level and need go no further. I say "need go no further", not "should not go any further". A few more will do no harm (as the Medics say).[/quote]I think the optimum Time Tunnel happens later when the original quote becomes an empty box. That is the state of drunkenness we reached the last time we did this. I think where we are now is almost enough for novice Time Tunnelers to witness.[/quote]You may be right. I think it will be when "Tastings" can no longer fit. This Terra Feita is nice.[/quote]Or perhaps donation? Shall we split?[/quote]No, I've still got a glass of Terra Feita to get through. Oh, hang on. You mean the thread. Probably best to stop Julian moaning about thread-wrecking.[/quote]Now split and all appropriate linkage created. Now, where were we? Oh yes, have we got enough quotes yet?[/quote]Maybe on this one, maybe one more.[/quote]Ah, the buggers are reducing the font size in the central quote. We must have a few more to go before their cleverness runs out. Do you have enough Port to see this through?[/quote]Running out and the Ipcress File is over, losing relevant sound effects. Do we have to get down to Font size 6?[/quote]Back on track. Cheating over.
Ernest H. Cockburn
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

Oh well, it is Meaningless Drivel, so I cant complain!!! :roll:
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Derek T. wrote:
KillerB wrote:[quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="KillerB"][quote="Derek T."][quote="jdaw1"][quote="Derek T."]They are my donation to future :TPF: New York-based Blind Tastings. We now have a set on each side of the pond.
Have we ever had a thread that has had to be split for going off-topic only to find that the offspring thread subsequently drifts off of the off-topic topic and itself needs to be split from the topic that wasn't the original topic?[/quote]Not that I remember but this has now reached the desired Time-tunnel level and need go no further. I say "need go no further", not "should not go any further". A few more will do no harm (as the Medics say).[/quote]I think the optimum Time Tunnel happens later when the original quote becomes an empty box. That is the state of drunkenness we reached the last time we did this. I think where we are now is almost enough for novice Time Tunnelers to witness.[/quote]You may be right. I think it will be when "Tastings" can no longer fit. This Terra Feita is nice.[/quote]Or perhaps donation? Shall we split?[/quote]No, I've still got a glass of Terra Feita to get through. Oh, hang on. You mean the thread. Probably best to stop Julian moaning about thread-wrecking.[/quote]Now split and all appropriate linkage created. Now, where were we? Oh yes, have we got enough quotes yet?[/quote]Maybe on this one, maybe one more.[/quote]Ah, the buggers are reducing the font size in the central quote. We must have a few more to go before their cleverness runs out. Do you have enough Port to see this through?[/quote]Running out and the Ipcress File is over, losing relevant sound effects. Do we have to get down to Font size 6?[/quote]Back on track. Cheating over.[/quote]Thank you - I hate cheating. Hi Conky.