UEFA Cup

Talk about anything but keep it polite and reasonably clean.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

I missed the whole thing due to work stuff going mad this week. What a disgraceful mess. I had hoped we had seen the last of that sort of thing in this country but it seems not.

Proud? No.

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
mpij
Fonseca LBV

Re:

Post by mpij »

DRT wrote:I missed the whole thing due to work stuff going mad this week. What a disgraceful mess. I had hoped we had seen the last of that sort of thing in this country but it seems not.

Proud? No.

Derek
Sure that Rangers fans will not be doing that sort of thing on European nights for a few years! I'm considering what to open to celebrate if Celtic can win league at Ibrox before the SPL splits.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: UEFA Cup

Post by DRT »

This thread brought back a few memories :lol:

It is a strange time for Scottish football. A very large part of the country will be in a state of abject depression while the others are either mildly p1ssing themselves or overcome with joy at the plight of the Mighty Gers. I'm in the "mildly p1ssing themselves" camp.

But, if this results in the complete disappearance or near fatal destruction of Rangers the long term impact on Celtic could be quite destructive. There's not much incentive for rich owners to plough money into buying good players and good facilities when the team doesn't have any serious competition. The only likely outcome is that Celtic would sink into the mediocrity of the others in the league.

That said, it is quite funny to watch now :lol:
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
mpij
Fonseca LBV

Re: UEFA Cup

Post by mpij »

Am definately in the mildly p1ssing camp but Old firm games win or lose have always been hiinghlights of season. Scottish football would not be the same without them.
Martin