Hello from NL

Come and say hello.
Martin Peeters
Cheap Ruby

Hello from NL

Post by Martin Peeters »

Hello to you all,

My name is Martin, 48 years old ( or young :lol: ) Portlover since the urly '90's. Have a small collection of Portwines (about 100 bottles) and still enjoying, collecting and learning about this great wine.

Best regards

Martin
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Hello from NL

Post by jdaw1 »

Hello Martin, and welcome to :tpf:. You’ve come to the right place.

What got you into Port? What happened that made you realise that this is the wine?
LGTrotter
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by LGTrotter »

Welcome.

I think that a man who has been drinking port for more than twenty years and has a small collection of 100 bottles would have a great deal to contribute to discussion. Please do so at the earliest opportunity.

Owen.
Martin Peeters
Cheap Ruby

Post by Martin Peeters »

Hi,

How I started with Port?? Well, when I was young we had always a bottle of el cheappo Sugar water in stock. One day a friend came by and wanted a glas of Port. When he tasted it, he said: This is no Port. So hold a moment, I'll be right back. ( He was living very nearby). He came back with a couple of bottles. An aged tawny 10 years, a Colheita (at that time called Reserve) and a Vintage. This is Port he said! From that time I was hooked and started reading, collecting, tasting etc. etc.
@Owen
Even after all those years, I consider myself still a noob. There is much more to learn about this great wine. I know what I like and also what I don't like :wink:

Have fun guys

Martin
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Martin Peeters wrote:How I started with Port?? Well, when I was young we had always a bottle of el cheappo Sugar water in stock. One day a friend came by and wanted a glas of Port. When he tasted it, he said: This is no Port. So hold a moment, I'll be right back. ( He was living very nearby). He came back with a couple of bottles. An aged tawny 10 years, a Colheita (at that time called Reserve) and a Vintage. This is Port he said! From that time I was hooked and started reading, collecting, tasting etc. etc.
Fantastic. Fantastic start; fantastic friend.
LGTrotter
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by LGTrotter »

I notice a note at the bottom of your posts about small houses. I assume this is a reference to port shippers rather than a predilection for confined living?