Hello from Denmark

Come and say hello.
Strojer
Cruz Ruby

Hello from Denmark

Post by Strojer »

Hello

Should have signed up, long time ago, but didnt know what to write. Got interested in some port on your selling site, and had to send a PM to know more :-)

I´m from Denmark, Vintage 1974 (some good was made this year.... :D ) Boardmember of The Vintage Port Club of Denmark (www.vintageport.dk), Fonseca-Fan (1/4 of all Port in cellar is Fonseca....)
2/3 of cellar is Port. Import most of my Port from the UK-market, as prices are lower and variation significantly wider compared to the Danish Market.

2 Kids. vintage 2002 and 2006 *sigh*, didnt check the weatherforecast in Porto, before giving in....

By the way, i meet a gentleman, who was Enthroned this year at porto. He told me about this website, and we talked about his cellar, and about he bought some unknown bottles, that was almost thrown out. It seemed to be Taylor Vintage 1935 as i recall. i would really like to get i touch with this gentleman, as i need his help.

Hope to see you in the near future at a nice tasting.

Kind regards

Niels Strøjer
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Hello from Denmark

Post by jdaw1 »

Hello and welcome.
Strojer wrote:By the way, i meet a gentleman, who was Enthroned this year at porto. He told me about this website, and we talked about his cellar, and about he bought some unknown bottles, that was almost thrown out. It seemed to be Taylor Vintage 1935 as i recall. i would really like to get i touch with this gentleman, as i need his help.
I have sent him a message asking him to reply to your post. Doubtless he will soon.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Niels,

Welcome to :tpf:

As I read your post I guessed that the person you spoke to was the same one that JDAW has already PM'd. I am sure he will help you if he can.

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by uncle tom »

Hi Niels, it's me, Tom.

Yes, you picked poor years for your offspring, but all is not lost..

Early pickers escaped the wrath of 2002 - Roriz is cited as a good player, but not personally sampled. The hail of 2006 did huge damage, but some south bank properties escaped - Churchill are on record for saying that 2006 worked for them at Gricha, although I've yet to try (or buy) any..

Oh, and I've still got stocks of the 1974 single harvest tawny I had bottled - quite ethereal and rather nice..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill