Hi the New Forest

Come and say hello.
forest26
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Hi the New Forest

Post by forest26 »

Hi
Thanks for letting me join your forum and I look forward to being an active participant.
My name is Tony and i am a port enthusiast based on the south coast. In total, I probably have a couple of thousand bottles of VP between my personal and business collections. I regularly travel to Porto and the Douro, mixing business with pleasure. I am very partial to Fonseca which was one of the first ports I tasted - I am working on collecting a vertical collection of these at the moment.....
I will write a little more when time permits...
flash_uk
Graham’s 1977

Re: Hi the New Forest

Post by flash_uk »

A very warm welcome Tony. I doubt I am the only one here who is delighted that such a seasoned port enthusiast has found his way here. A leisurely browse of the conversations on this forum will hopefully tell you that you are among friends! Hope we have the chance to meet soon with some port nearby (but not for long)!
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Tony

I echo the welcome that you've already received. It's a pleasure to have you as part of the Forum and I look forward to hopefully meeting one day. Please do feel free to invite yourself along to one of our Offlines at some point.

Alex
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Well hello. Please do say more about the “business collection”. And about the personal one as well. Tax-deductible drinking?
forest26

Post by forest26 »

Thanks guys for making me welcome, I really look forward to meeting up with you sometime.
Interestingly, today I picked up a few cases of Calem VP as (I think they were 70,77,85,91). The chap I purchased them from was the importer before they withdrew from UK and he put some cases aside. This will make interesting research as there is little reference on the Port Forum about these ports and I have not tried them.
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Post by djewesbury »

Very interesting indeed. We have plans for a Cálem vertical at some time - to which you will be invited!
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...
flash_uk
Graham’s 1977

Post by flash_uk »

forest26 wrote: My name is Tony and i am a port enthusiast based on the south coast. In total, I probably have a couple of thousand bottles of VP between my personal and business collections.
Are you by any chance Tony of vintagewineandport?
forest26

Post by forest26 »

Yes - I tend to think of it as a mechanism to extend my port collection. I started it about 5-6 years ago as a hobby and it sort of picked up from there. Happy to talk about it offline but I am on here in very much a personal capacity.
forest26

Post by forest26 »

Yes - I tend to think of it as a mechanism to extend my port collection. I started it about 5-6 years ago as a hobby and it sort of picked up from there. Happy to talk about it offline but I am on here in very much a personal capacity.
flash_uk
Graham’s 1977

Post by flash_uk »

An excellent way of extending the collection - nice move :) And there endeth the chat from me on this topic - as mentioned before look forward to meeting you and sharing some port.