Hello from Lisbon

Come and say hello.
Gonçalo M.
Cruz Ruby

Hello from Lisbon

Post by Gonçalo M. »

Hello everyone,

I am a 34 yr-old wine enthusiast for about nine years now, from Portugal, living in Lisbon, and I have not been a huge fan of Vintage Port until very recenlty, as I have been focusing more on Portuguese table wine (Bairrada and Dão) and Madeira.

I have had various sips of Port over time, but never developed a serious interest in drinking and cellaring Port until I had the chance to drink the 2011 Fonseca and Taylor a few months ago. I was taken aback by the faulous quality of such wines. :shock: Since then I have been consulting this forum to learn more about Port and also :ftlop:, where I have posted some messages mostly on Madeira.

Tonight I am co-organising a small blind horizontal of the 2011 vintage ports (there will be thirteen of them) and I have been consulting the website of JDAW on how to design placemates, following a link in a thread of this forum. I have been trying to do that since Thursday, mostly at nights, and I have just printed the pages and I am very happy with the result!

I would like to effusively thank the author for designing the programme and making it available to other enthusiasts. It took me a lot of effort to understand the mere basics of the programme, but the effort is worthwhile and from now on it should be very easy to change the basic parameters.

Thank you very much to all for and specially to JDAW!

I am not very prolific on writing tasting notes, but I can report the outcome.

All the best,
Gonçalo
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Hello from Lisbon

Post by jdaw1 »

Gonçalo M. wrote:Tonight I am co-organising a small blind horizontal of the 2011 vintage ports (there will be thirteen of them) and I have been consulting the website of JDAW on how to design placemates, following a link in a thread of this forum. I have been trying to do that since Thursday, mostly at nights, and I have just printed the pages and I am very happy with the result!

I would like to effusively thank the author for designing the programme and making it available to other enthusiasts. It took me a lot of effort to understand the mere basics of the programme, but the effort is worthwhile and from now on it should be very easy to change the basic parameters.

Thank you very much to all for and specially to JDAW!
Welcome to :tpf:, and also thank you for letting me know of another ‘customer’.

I have added you to the group Placemat makers.
Miguel Simoes
Warre’s Warrior

Re: Hello from Lisbon

Post by Miguel Simoes »

Gonçalo M. wrote: I am not very prolific on writing tasting notes, but I can report the outcome.
Please do! And welcome here too :)