Re: Hello all

Come and say hello.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

An Admin SNAFU :oops:
On 29 Jan 2014 at 16:08 a new user named flash_uk wrote:Great to be here - looking forward to some banter and hopefully catching up with some of you at a tasting.

I've only recently become familiar with the delights of drinking port and vintage port especially. Until now my main focus has been Burgundy, but having shared a bottle of vintage port which a friend pulled out of the family cellar (no idea what it was - think it was a 1960s vintage) my eyes (and throat) were opened up to a fantastic tipple.

I have been reading some of the posts about the tastings at TBH, which is a 10 minute walk from where I work. Would love to come along one evening. Never been to a tasting before, but I'm sure I can work it out!

I'm in the process of converting an unused garage into a storage cellar. Having fun doing it myself, but as a consequence the project is proceeding at the pace of a thousand snails.

All the best
F
On 13 Feb 2014 Admin DRT deleted flash_uk's account in error whilst shooting spammers.
{sackcloth_and_ashes}

Hopefully flash_uk will return soon.

Welcome to :tpf: :D

I look forward to meeting you at TBH sometime soon.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Welcome to TPF. Don’t be shy about tastings: when one is being organised, post in that thread asking for a space, and typically one will be yours.
flash_uk
Graham’s 1977

Post by flash_uk »

Back in action again 88)
Good work by DRT to recover my first rambling post!