Hello from Miami Beach!

Come and say hello.
mannye
Cheap Ruby

Hello from Miami Beach!

Post by mannye »

I was doing a little research on "port sippers" and came across this wonderful forum! I"M about to turn the garage into a dedicated man cave that will include among other things, a small area for decanting port. Looking through the net for prices on Reidel prices on port glasses I saw a picture of a port sipper... seems a little counter-intuitive what with there being little air/wine interaction beyond pouring and the top layer in the glass, but after doing a search on here, it seems like one of those "you have to try it" items.

Nice to see a response from the originator of the port sipper! This forum seems to have some clout!

Well, hello! Thanks for the great forum and let me now if any of you Brits decides to get some sunburn in Miami Beach...I'll have you over for a glass or three...
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Hello from Miami Beach!

Post by jdaw1 »

Well hello to Miami Beach, which I once visited with my aunt.

The regular portheads in the UK don’t use port sippers, preferring quality glasses. But different strokes for different folks.
mannye
Cheap Ruby

Post by mannye »

I'll most likely just get a set of regular glasses, but keep a pair of these oddities for fun. They actually look like something to use when I taste my wort before right after the boil. Or as I've found, they can double as schnapps pipe.

Looking forward to attending a tasting one day!
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Welcome to :tpf:

Is there an active Port market down there or are you stranded in a desert of inferior thirst quenchers?

Derek

PS: Can we address you by a proper name?
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
mannye
Cheap Ruby

Post by mannye »

DRT wrote:Welcome to :tpf:

Is there an active Port market down there or are you stranded in a desert of inferior thirst quenchers?

Derek

PS: Can we address you by a proper name?
The market is not bad. I can usually find something nice to drink. I will post pictures of my next shopping trip in a few days.

As you can see by my photo, I am Dalek Sec...but you can call me Manny.