Introducing jdaw1

Come and say hello.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Introducing jdaw1

Post by jdaw1 »

KillerB wrote:Stop sticking your introductions on my thread, there's a whole section out there called... "Introductions".
In which case I’ll say hello in my own thread.

Question: if we have worthwhile posts on the subject of port elsewhere on the web, should they be replicated here?
Last edited by jdaw1 on 18:23 Thu 21 Jun 2007, edited 2 times in total.
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

See guys, sometimes you have to give an American credit. First one on and he does the right thing.

As far as I can see there is no conflict. I have asked the same question on more than one site before with no problems. I've even had different responses from the same person. No sane moderator should have a problem with it.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

I’ll have the authorities edit your posts

Post by jdaw1 »

Whoa! Easy there with your random insinuations, your gratuitous lowering of the tone, your uncalled-for attacks and general unpleasantness. Or I’ll have the authorities edit your posts and lock your threads. ;-)

I am, and have always been, a subject of Her Majesty. The winds of fate may have carried me to these far shores (well, probably British Airways but nobody will say anything), and hence subject to the modern pestilence that the locals misdescribe as beer, but I remain at heart an Englishman.
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Oops - sorry J. I fully retract my previous statement. It was made without full knowledge of the facts and made in haste. I can not apologise enough for this damnable slur on your character.

So - still no Yanks then? Come on guys, wake up.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Oscar

Post by jdaw1 »

KillerB? What a very sweet name! Something tells me that we are going to be great friends. I like you already more than I can say. My first impressions of people are never wrong.
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

I'm glad I carried on reading! I'd always thought of Julian as an Alien in New York (As the song goes) and then thought I'd got it wrong!!!
Phew.

I suspect that although you could technically claim copyright on an item. If its of no particular value, and 'the author' reproduces it, I cant see a problem.
I think it would be discurteous to take other peoples comments and prose. Unless its from a third source, like Newspaper articles and the like, which have been widely published elsewhere.
Right thats enough thinking for one afternoon.
Welcome aboard Julian :)
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

‘private thread’?

Post by jdaw1 »

Maybe admin would allow me a ‘private thread’, to which only I can post. That would ensure than things I don’t want lost aren’t lost, and allow me to link to them from within this board.
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Not sure what you mean! Links to other sites are normal, copying and pasting your own work is normal. Copying and pasting others work has copyright problems and considered rude without a reference.

I probably could create a JDAW-only thread but would have to give you a posting category of your own, and then everybody will want one.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Can posting rights be restricted by thread?

Post by jdaw1 »

Of course I shouldn’t copy the work of others. Even I know that.

Can posting rights be restricted by thread, rather than by forum area? If yes, then there can be a single “Private threads† area, and everybody gets their own. If not, don’t bother.
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Thought you did but needed clarity for anybody else. I'm having a look now, back in a mo.
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

I can do post only but no replies. So you create a thread and that's it. check out the Private and see if you like it.
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

I've seen what you've done, but being a bit dim on the computers, I cant see why! As I cant get access,which I dont mind, I wont see whats happening and what its all about. Is there a simple explanation, for a simple soul?

Alan
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Try again - I changed the permissions
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

I can't reply to my private thread

Post by jdaw1 »

I can't reply to this thread. My being able to would be the whole point.
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

I can't do that ATM, all I can do is give new threads, it's down to the permissions.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

permission to reply to that thread

Post by jdaw1 »

If I can't be given permission to reply to that thread, delete the whole thing. Sorry: bad idea.
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Not bad - just couldn't do it. We'll test ideas out, if they don't work then we can always remove them and move the threads elsewhere.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

A pecking order has been established

Post by jdaw1 »

Well, excellent. A pecking order has been established. My introduction thread has sixteen replies, not including this one. The introduction thread used by everybody else (Well, here we are), has a mere fourteen. Ha!
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Yes but you have 8 of them and most of the rest was over a site issue.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Shhhhh! Nobody had noticed.

Post by jdaw1 »

Shhhhh! Nobody had noticed.
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Re: A pecking order has been established

Post by RonnieRoots »

jdaw1 wrote:Well, excellent. A pecking order has been established. My introduction thread has sixteen replies, not including this one. The introduction thread used by everybody else (Well, here we are), has a mere fourteen. Ha!
That's why I'm not replying to this post. I will ignore it. Oh no, that's another board.