Greetings and Salutations!

Come and say hello.
John M
Fonseca LBV

Greetings and Salutations!

Post by John M »

Hello my fellow port lovers. I'm John M from lovely New Jersey, USA. I've been enjoying port a just a few years; my friends and I established an informal Port Club of 13 strong that meets about every 6 weeks or so for a tasting and to hang out with friends. We modestly drink mostly LBVs and some VPs and have a great time doing so.

Loving port is no easy thing. You taste a few and by and by you just want to taste a few more and then a few more still. Just when you think you're getting somewhere, you see one you had 4 years ago and you want it again to see if its evolved. It just never ends! In the meantime, you wonder why your wallet is always empty. It's a viscous cycle this port-life.

Thanks for letting me in here--I hope I can make a few interesting contributions and share a bottle with you someday, too.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Re: Greetings and Salutations!

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

John,

Welcome to the Port Lover's Therapy Group. We're here to help. As my daughter said to me the other day "Self-acknowledgement is the first step to recovery." It's a pleasure to have you on board and I hope you'll find the ride fun.

Alex (sipping on a Croft 2004 LBV - which is really benefitting from a couple of extra years in the bottle)
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
mpij
Fonseca LBV

Post by mpij »

Who wants to recover?
Martin.
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by g-man »

Ah, missed this

Hye John,

was good seeing you a few friday's back

i'm trying to sort out a tasting / get together in may . be good to see you there.
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz
John M
Fonseca LBV

Post by John M »

Hi G-Man

Please let me know when--May is pretty busy but Id really like to join you.
Deleted_User_1

Post by Deleted_User_1 »

Welcom John...I think it is getting near the time that us London crew head over the pond :D
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by g-man »

Cookie wrote:Welcom John...I think it is getting near the time that us London crew head over the pond :D
you guys say that every year, and the only thing that has happened is that Sushi and I went to london instead 88)
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Welcome to TPF. The NY crowd sometimes have tastings, and we are all happy to muck in and help with questions.
John M wrote:informal Port Club of 13 strong that meets about every 6 weeks or so for a tasting and to hang out with friends.
Let me toot the thing I made. We use placemats to organise the whole tasting: decanting, glasses, people, votes, everything. The software that makes them, freeware costing £0 = $0 = Â¥0 = €0, is available via www.jdawiseman.com/placemat.html. I and others think it splendid. (And there’s a help thread, and some the parameters used for actual tastings.) Well worth the time of somebody who arranges tastings.
John M
Fonseca LBV

Post by John M »

Thank you all for the warm greetings! I have met SushiNorth & G-Man at an informal last March. Now if we could just get you puddle jumpers to jump, we'd have a fine time! :D