hello from Dundee Scotland

Come and say hello.
mpij
Fonseca LBV

hello from Dundee Scotland

Post by mpij »

Hi, I'm a port drinker living in a 13th floor flat in Dundee. My port drinking is mostly traditional lbv, single quinta, and supermarket own brand vintage when on special offer. Martin.
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Re: hello from Dundee Scotland

Post by Glenn E. »

Hello Martin, welcome to :tpf:

I think you will find that you fit right in. Members here tend to clean out the supermarkets when they have their sales on Port. :nirvana:
Glenn Elliott
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

I'm still envious of your record of 11p for a half bottle of Croft 2004 LBV!

Welcome to the forum.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
mpij
Fonseca LBV

Post by mpij »

AHB wrote:I'm still envious of your record of 11p for a half bottle of Croft 2004 LBV!

Welcome to the forum.
am going to share my good fortune, my elderly parents will get one and my niece Melissa, a student at st. Andrews unerversity, who has developed a taste for port will also get one. Apologies for any punctuation errors but i'm a bit inebriated right now(I've been looking at site for a while before I joined)
Martin
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

mpij wrote:Apologies for any punctuation errors but i'm a bit inebriated right now
You are not the first, and certainly won't be the last, to suffer from that here. But you might find yourself being charged with crimes in this thread. :lol:
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
mpij
Fonseca LBV

Post by mpij »

DRT wrote:
mpij wrote:Apologies for any punctuation errors but i'm a bit inebriated right now
You are not the first, and certainly won't be the last, to suffer from that here. But you might find yourself being charged with crimes in this thread. :lol:
Inebriation or punctuation errors?
Martin
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

mpij wrote:
DRT wrote:
Inebriation or punctuation errors?
Martin
Only punctuation (or spelling, or grammar). Inebriation is not a criminal offense on this site :D

Terror or Dee?
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
mpij
Fonseca LBV

Post by mpij »

AHB wrote:I'm still envious of your record of 11p for a half bottle of Croft 2004 LBV!

Welcome to the forum.
I've got to admit to being somewhat envious of some of the collections I've seen described on :tpf: as mine consists of about 40 bottles. I'm also envious of storage facilities especially as I'm loosing my one north facing cupboard due to new kitchen bathroom and central heating being installed(should have been finished this week but nowhere near) and am desperately looking for good cooler but all the good ones I see on ebay are miles away and collection only and unfortunately cannot afford new Eurocave.
and even in my state of inebriation I've spotted some errors in what I've just written, but can't be bothered to correct even though it would have taken less time to do.
Martin
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

If you do get forced down the route of a new wine unit, take a look at the Climadiff. I recently had to replace an 18 year old Liebherr wine storage unit and found Climadiff offered the best value for money. I bought the biggest unit that would fit in the space I had available and I'm very happy with my purchase.

mpij
Fonseca LBV

Post by mpij »

Thanks for tip have been considering a Liebherr but looking online Climadiff does seem to give more storage for the money.
Martin
mpij
Fonseca LBV

Post by mpij »

AHB wrote:If you do get forced down the route of a new wine unit, take a look at the Climadiff. I recently had to replace an 18 year old Liebherr wine storage unit and found Climadiff offered the best value for money. I bought the biggest unit that would fit in the space I had available and I'm very happy with my purchase.
Just picked up a new Miele KWL4712Sed wine cellar on ebay for £360 + £35 delivery. It holds 162 bottles so will be looking pathetically empty for a while as even if I was to put my entire alcohol collection in I think there would still be room for over 100 bottles and my budget for such things this month has just been drastically reduced. Could'nt find much info on it online as think it's discontinued line but seemed too good a deal to pass up.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Miele have a good reputation for their kitchen goods, but I don't know anything about this unit. Seems like a pretty good purchase though.

It's also horrifying how quickly that empty space will fill. Your timing is probably fortunate - you've just missed the supermarket 25% discount season so your wallet has a few months to recover before the next!