Bom Dia

Come and say hello.
Stuart
Cruz Ruby

Bom Dia

Post by Stuart »

Dear all,

Thank you for permitting my entry into The PortForum.com.

I am a freelance wine writer and consultant in London ( http://www.stuartgeorge.net/ ) with an ever-increasing interest in Port.

In 2010 I twice visited the Douro to research an article on the forthcoming Douro Map Project and to consolidate Ports for an auction to be held in California and Hong Kong.

I look forward to meeting you in due course.

Happy New Year

Stuart George
benread
Niepoort 1977

Re: Bom Dia

Post by benread »

And a cricket fan I see! Welcome.
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Hi Stuart,

Welcome to :tpf:

Perhaps you would like to join one of our port tastings sometime soon?

We would be interested to hear more about "the forthcoming Douro Map Project". Is this the project that David Elle started a couple of years ago?

Please feel free to post links to any Port related articles that you publish :wink:

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
Stuart
Cruz Ruby

Post by Stuart »

Thank you both.

Yes, it is David Eley's project. He's a friend and I visited him twice this year to see the Map in progress. I also consult to Spectrum Wine Auctions so I am trying to get some old Ports to offer at an auction with David's images. No other auction house else has this privilege.

My most recent article on (Colheita) Port can be seen here (pp.26ff):

http://www.finewine.nu/res/PDF2010/FineWine410eng.pdf

I hope very much to be able to join you at a tasting - but I might need to check my overdraft first!

Happy New Year

SDG
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

I like the front page of your website. Open and spacious, but the choice of pictures has plenty of interest for the curious reader. Well designed. Maybe I should rethink mine (www.jdawiseman.com).

However, I admit to disappointment at the lack of port bottles.
In advertising [url=http://www.stuartgeorge.net/?page_id=16]wine consultancy[/url] you wrote:Please contact me to see how I can help manage your cellar if you have, for example, too much wine, not enough wine, want to try something different, or wish to have your cellar valued for auction or insurance purposes.
I have not enough port and no money. Recommendation welcomed!
Stuart
Cruz Ruby

Post by Stuart »

Thanks for your kind words about my site. I've only just built it and it's very much a work in progress.

I don't seem to have any old Port bottles... But that is something I intend to work on in 2011!

I look forward to meeting you.

SDG