Hello from Cynthia

Come and say hello.
Cynthia J
Warre’s Warrior

Hello from Cynthia

Post by Cynthia J »

For those of you I have not yet met dancing in the lagares at Vesuvio... Cynthia here. If you follow the Graham's Port blog (http://malvedos.wordpress.com), you may know of me, as I began in mid July to manage the sites and write for both the blog and Graham's Facebook page. I still have a great deal to learn, but I think i am in the best place to learn it, between living in Vila Nova de Gaia and working for SFE. That said, I don't limit my tasting or research to only their brands! I began learning about wine generally about 10 or 12 years ago, and had my first glass of port (and second and possibly third... ) one night in 2001 - I started at the top, with Warre's 1963, which had been carefully stored in a friend's cellar since he bought it on release. Nice way to celebrate my naturalisation as a British citizen! I will try to watch the Portugal Travel section, but do feel free to contact me directly if you have questions about visiting here, if I can help, I will - if I can't, I'll tell you honestly, and try to rustle up a better expert.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Hello from Cynthia

Post by jdaw1 »

Hello and welcome to :tpf:. Your words or at least your typing were quoted here within the last four hours, so we are paying attention.
Cynthia J
Warre’s Warrior

Post by Cynthia J »

I saw that, thank you! Must now get photos to re-inforce our recommendations, which means I may have to open a bottle of something soon myself! Pity me, the demands of this job...
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

Hi Cynthia,
I also post here as well. After all someone has to keep these Brits in line and since you're still American by birth, that will have to do as I elicit your help. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Oh and Cynthia does a mad turn in a lagar. 88)
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

Hi Cynthia! I envy you... living in Gaia, working for SFE, travelling the Douro as "work"... what a life! :lol:
Glenn Elliott