Nice meeting you all

Come and say hello.
ewust
Cheap Ruby

Nice meeting you all

Post by ewust »

Hi, my name is Eugene Wust, living in Amsterdam and just entered the PortForum. Although i visited Portugal many times, i just recently discovered the tasty world of port. My knowledge is still basic but one thing for sure: i like that stuff.

Just bought my first "real" bottle, a Niepoort vintage 2003. Those guys seem to have their roots in Holland, so the decision to buy the first one from them wasn't that difficult :wink:.

To grow up i'am reading "Port and the Douro" from Richard Mayson and of course following you guys on the PortForum. If my tasting-experience grows as fast as my knowledge i will be a very happy man.

Looking forward for many "portfully" hours with you all

Cheers
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Re: Nice meeting you all

Post by RonnieRoots »

Hi Eugene,

Van harte welkom op het Port Forum!

Stick around, and I'm sure you'll be addicted to port within no time. To help you with that, why not join an offline and meet some fellow portlovers? You are most welcome to join us! (And don't worry if you do not have a bottle of your own to share, there is always the possibility of 'adopting' a bottle.)

Cheers,
Ronald
ewust
Cheap Ruby

Post by ewust »

Hi Ronald,

Thanks for your invitation. Sounds great. Please keep me informed about the offline activities. By the way Ton Overmars (http://www.tonovermars.nl/port.html) is just around the corner, so i'll never have to arrive empty-handed at a tasting.

Eugene
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Eugene,

Welcome to :tpf:

It is great to have you here and I hope you learn lots and have fun with us.

Your avatar is very familiar to me and others here. Have you been to that place yourself or did you discover the photograph somewhere else?

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
ewust
Cheap Ruby

Post by ewust »

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your reaction. No i haven't been there. If you know where i can find this cellar (quinta, lodge) please let me know. It will be one of the first places to visit when i am in the Douro area. I found the image on the net while collecting information about Niepoort and was strucked by the composition and serenity of it.

Eugene
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Eugene,

That is a picture of the Niepoort cellar in Vila Nova de Gaia. It is a real wonder to behold and is certainly the most interesting cellar I have ever seen. Unfortunately it is not open to the public and can only be accessed by special appointment or invitation.

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn