Newest member says ciao!

Come and say hello.
dolcetours
Cheap Ruby

Newest member says ciao!

Post by dolcetours »

I’m kicking off 2010 by joining this lively group. A good beginning, no? I learned about :tpf: at a wine dinner last fall. One of your members brought a 1980 Gould Campbell. Mmm. Still dreaming about that lovely bottle; want more.

I write about wine [www.patriciathomson.net] and I run a boutique wine-tour company called La Dolce Vita Wine Tours [dolcetours.com], which my Italian husband and I cofounded 10 years ago. He’s a native of Piedmont; we spend about 4 months a year in Italy and the balance in NYC.

Recently, we’ve begun expanding our roster to selected wine zones outside of Italy: Rioja in 2007, and Oporto and the Douro in 2010. Thus my interest in learning all I can about Porto, my new and fervent passion.

We’re heading to Portugal in about 10 days, in fact, and I’m looking for some recommendations. But I’ll post this query under the Port Conversations forum.
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Re: Newest member says ciao!

Post by g-man »

Hey Patricia,

that would be me at Saul's and welcome to the :tpf: finally!

I'm sure one of the guys here will surely help you out with the great places to visit in portugal!
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz
furrybug
Cruz Ruby

Post by furrybug »

Hello Patricia,

My wife and I are planning to go to Porto for our tenth anniversary, when are you planning to start your tours. I would be interested in hearing about it.
And, welcome from one newbie to another.
"Survival is for Cowards"
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Patricia,

Delighted you've decided to join the forum, good to have you with us.

Alex
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
dolcetours
Cheap Ruby

Post by dolcetours »

Hey, G-man, we meet again! Thanks for the tip about :tpf:

And Mr. Furrybug, our tour "Passion for Port" runs right at the beginning of the fall season: September 6-11. (If you also happen to be a film buff, that's also when the Douro Film Harvest Festival was held in 2009, so I'm hoping it'll overlap this year too.)

I'm planning to post notes from our Port scouting trip next week on our Facebook page. Fan us on FB (search for La Dolce Vita Wine Tours or dolcetours) and you'll get a tour preview!
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Hello indeed. Do join our tasting, NY or old world educational (so tax deductible) and great fun.