Hello Everyone!

Come and say hello.
RichB
Cruz Ruby

Hello Everyone!

Post by RichB »

My name is Richard and I'm from Kent.
I found :tpf: by accident a couple of days ago while researching 'the king of drinks' for a friend in my village, she's recently widowed and is clearing her husbands cellar. I was really just after your very extensive (and very informative) tasting notes but now I'm HOOKED!
I've just finished reading all about the Ports in my cellar and am looking forward, more than ever, to trying them!
I worked in the wine trade for 15 years for various retailers then started my own company doing corporate wine tastings before moving to Kent and starting a family.
Finding myself in The Garden of England, I thought it only proper to try my hand at viticulture and have just planted a small vineyard - so maybe with your aid we could produce our own Port so start thinking of label designs!
I've read about your get togethers and hope one day to come along to them, bottle in hand.
Richard
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by DRT »

Richard,

Welcome to :tpf:

Hopefully we will meet one day soon and share some port 88)

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
benread
Niepoort 1977

Post by benread »

Welcome! Kent is within easy striking distance of one of our main meeting points - The Crusting Pipe in Covent Garden. Feel free to make your availability known for any proposed tasting, or propose one yourself. You will quickly get the idea with a little browsing!
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

Hi Rich,

Welcome aboard, look forward to meeting you at The Crusting Pipe, some time soon,

Cheers,

Alex
Port is basically a red drink
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

Hi Richard, welcome. Do make sure to visit an offline soon. It will get you even more hooked!